No announcement yet.

GS750E hard starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everybody for all the help and advice. Finally got the old ugly thing back together today(if I had I picture you'd probably agree) and a few things I noticed. Before, I needed a metric butt load of starting fluid to get her to finally start(after about 15 minutes of trying). Now that I have all the valve shim clearances in spec, it took about 10 minutes with no fluid at all. HUGE improvement in my book. I should also mention it's only about 35°F here in Montana right now(way above average right now). It also looked like I was getting some leakage from one of the gaskets where #1 carb (if you're sitting in it, going left to right) connects to the motor. I should also invest in a new valve cover gasket just in case. I did not test voltage anywhere while it was running so that's next. I've already been through the entire bike checking connections. They all looked great. It has iridium(I believe?) plugs. On my short ride after the bike had warmed up I also noticed the dead spot about half way up the range appeared to be gone. Once it was warmed up I could shut it off and it would start on the first kick. I've looked into Polaris side by side r/r's just to keep myself busy looking for more to work on. If I want to invest in coils, what do you all suggest? (21 years old, just got married and bought a house, keep that in mind. I don't have all the money in the world) and what else does everybody suggest?

Comment

Working...
    X