No announcement yet.

gs850 gt top end rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update got it running !!!!!! but i got no spark on 1 and i got smoke coming out my left pipe once warm...... wtf!!!!
    put new coil on it thought that would fix spark didnt but i think the boot is to blame..... also timing was correct and the head went to the shop for clean up grinded valves new stem seals and the vlave lash was set to .03mm am i missing something here???
    Last edited by Guest; 02-16-2016, 10:38 PM.

Comment

alright new update good to go the spark issue was a fuel issue got all cylinders running just need a carbs sync and should be on the road for the first ride here shortly!! i traced all wires and grounds.. even got to the ignitior and took that apart tested all resistors and transistors then when to plugs and coils made sure i wired them up right took off the carbs and noticed i wasnt getting fuel into the cylinder tore em down and cleared em out again!!!!! boom got it burning fuel!!! thanks for all the info and tips for the rebuild will post some pics when all done!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mottacycle View Post
        one major question about the buckets though.. they are not adjustable.... as my machine shop guru has said so this is why the valve lash must be correct. within .001-.003 in my book as i remember. to my understanding though u can use shims on the bucket to correct if needed after 100 miles or so?
        I'm probably just not understanding the part about using shims after 100 miles if needed, but you need shims in every bucket all the time.
        1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
        1983 GS 1100 G
        2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
        2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
        1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Yes I do know that u need shims all the time.
          So I got a big problem now..... white smoke out of both tail pipes backfiring and won't run off choke circuit also surging idle....

Comment

Just for good measure timing looks like it is still good2016-02-28 15.44.31.jpg

Comment

2016-02-28 15.46.26.jpg all my marks are still good....

Comment

Could it be off by one tooth and creating the back fire??

Comment

Not off by a tooth just counted from 2 Mark to 3 mark and it is 20pins2016-02-28 16.16.55.jpg

Comment

Is the smoke whitish-blue or real white? What do the plugs look like?
                    1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                    1983 GS 1100 G
                    2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                    2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                    1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Plugs were black smoke is looking whitish blue also there is gas and oil coming out of the tail pipe it's a brownish color.

Comment

Working...
                      X