Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which valve compressor tool to buy for 2v Suzuki heads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which valve compressor tool to buy for 2v Suzuki heads.

Got the valve out by pushing on the valve retainer with a dull prybar but I cant get it back on the same way.

So I am looking at valve compressor tools on ebay. Ther are many different styles of tools.

Can you guyz let me know the kind to buy for or GS's?

Thanks!

Make your own out of a cheap deep well socket or a piece of PVC. I want to say the correct size is a 24mm but I'll have to look this evening when I go to the garage.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

After messing around with sockets, PVC and other bullish:t home made tools for decades I finally bought one of these:

It is so incredibly easy and quick to use, I can do a whole head's worth of valves in the time it used to take to do one or two. To think I've wasted days of my life screwing around with junk when spending a few bucks makes it this easy, ludicrous. I suppose if you will only do one head once in your life then flail away with sockets to your heart's content, but I'm done with that.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Very well said. My time is worth something. $40 is cheap and they work great.

Comment

Here is my Homemade job. Pretty simple works great.
          Attached Files
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Nice work on the homemade compressor.

I can't fault purchasing one at $40 for guys that work on engines semi regularly. I use a large C-clamp from Harbor freight and a piece of heavy duty PVC with a window. Not saying this is better, it's just that I didn't plan ahead and wanted to do the work right away.
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
              Here is my Homemade job. Pretty simple works great.

That's awesome, way better than my PVC one. Do you have some dimensions you could send me for that?
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Like cowboyup, I use a 24mm deep socket that has about 1/3 of the end cut away for a window to access the keepers, but that $40 unit that tkent shows is rather appealing, too.

I use a cheap (Harbor Freight?) 6" C-clamp that cost about $10 (occasionally on sale for about $6) and paid about $8 for the socket at Auto Zone. That puts my cost at already 40% of a kit that will be MUCH more versatile for other vechicles, too.

I had seen some compressor kits before, but they were well over $100, so I looked around for a LONG time before coming up with the 24mm deep socket.
                If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

I have only had to do one head so far but I agree, that set Tom showed will be on my shopping list if I have to do another one
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                  X