Is this a factory Suzuki part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a factory Suzuki part?

I went to my friendly Suzuki Shop yesterday to get O-Rings for my 79 1000e. Its for the oil pressure housing (right behind the cylinder block) No problem finding the outer O-Ring for the housing itself. The problem we were having is finding the seal that fits around the protruding boss that goes towards the engine. The housing I have has inlet and outlet for a oil cooler. Is this housing a Suzuki part or a aftermarket part? If it's a Suzuki part what model Suzuki did it come from? Here is a picture of the housing. I removed the oil cooler on this motorcycle, I was just going to plug the inlet/outlet holes. But now I'm thinking of just getting a new original housing.
    Attached Files
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

It looks like a Lockhart part that has been discontinued. Are you interested in selling it? Sent you an IM...
    Last edited by Guest; 03-02-2016, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks rudeman, after I was leaving the shop yesterday I was thinking it could be a aftermarket part. I received your private message, I think we can work something out. I have the cooler and fittings also. What do you have to trade? I'll get back to you later when I get home.
      My Motorcycles:
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)

Comment

Sounds good.

Comment

Mr. Rudeman, here is a picture of the oil cooler kit. Less the oil lines, the ones that came off were HARD as a Rock.
          Attached Files
          My Motorcycles:
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)

Comment

1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head :cool:
            1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017:D

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
              Mr. Rudeman, here is a picture of the oil cooler kit. Less the oil lines, the ones that came off were HARD as a Rock.
              I'll take it.

Comment

Working...
              X