Suzuki Oem head gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki Oem head gasket

Hi on looking at the VESRAH gasket set and the state of the rubbers which are anything but round and one of the copper washers for the outer studs was compleatly the wrong size I succumbed to buying a Oem head gasket and base gasket ( I have Oem rubbers)I noticed that the new head gasket has no sealing rubbers in the four outer holes like the old one now and the gasket is multi layered steel I assume this is this is correct?
    I may not have made myself clear the question is are there any seals required for the MLS head gasket other than the oblong can tunnel one ?
    image.jpg
    Last edited by fastbysuzuki; 03-09-2016, 04:07 AM.
    The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
    1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
    past bikes. RF900
    TL1000s
    Hayabusa
    gsx 750f x2
    197cc Francis Barnett
    various British nails

Originally posted by fastbysuzuki View Post
    Hi on looking at the VESRAH gasket set and the state of the rubbers which are anything but round and one of the copper washers for the outer studs was compleatly the wrong size I succumbed to buying a Oem head gasket and base gasket ( I have Oem rubbers)I noticed that the new head gasket has no sealing rubbers in the four outer holes like the old one now and the gasket is multi layered steel I assume this is this is correct?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]44517[/ATTACH]
    Fwiw, the last OEM 'zuk head gasket I bought had nothing with it - the 0-rings were seperate purchases (and my, how they all add up), but that was before MLS. It was a source of intense annoyance that Suzuki didn't supply a complete Top End kit.
    ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
    X