gs1100e starting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1100e starting problems

For the past two months I've been battling with my gs1100 trying to get it to start. It's been to the shop three times now, and everytime it's coming back and breaking again. My mechanic has no idea what's going on with it, so I'm hoping that someone here has had a similar experience and can guide me in the right direction, this time I'm fixing it myself. The starter spins freely, but will not engage with the starter clutch to crank the engine. Yesterday I bump started the bike because this was happening in the grocery store parking lot. As I rode home, the bike would grind horrifically when shifting, particularly downshifting, and as I got home, it was an almost constant grinding. When I got into my garage, it took me about 5 minutes to get it into neutral. I'm quite lost on what's going on, and have unfortunately given up on this bike. Once this issue is fixed, it's going to hit the classifieds. Thanks for any information, it's greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by kstra17 View Post
    It's been to the shop three times now, and everytime it's coming back and breaking again. My mechanic has no idea what's going on with it.
    ?????

If the nut on the end of the crank spun loose you may have turned that crank into a football bat. Take the left side cover off and take a look. Hope for the best.....
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

the SC and the clutch/trans have nothing to do with each other.
      i have a bad feeling on this one

Comment

Working...
      X