tapping sound and low oil pressure light at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tapping sound and low oil pressure light at idle

so i managed to get the ignition fixed on the 650. the dyna was at fault, and didn't look good at all. so after getting the dyna swapped out, i went for a test ride to see if the new dyna was good and to get the 650 nice and warm to see if there were other issues. it seems that i need to get back into the carbs and adjust the idle mix screws since i have a hanging idle at about 2000rpm and have to adjust the idle stop screw constantly to bring it down. issue number 2 popped up, or at least noticed it when i pulled back into my driveway. i now have a tapping sound on the right side of the motor(brake handle side) and when it idles at 1200-1500, the oil pressure light flickers, so i'm really hoping that i don't have a spun rod or main bearing. and i don't have time to pull the motor right now since i'm in the process of moving my stuff out of the house which closes around the 6th of next month, and into a storage unit. what would be some easy things to look at to make sure it isn't a main bearing? how much side to side play should be on the rods?

maybe it was just too hot. i went out after a little while and started it back up while it was still fairly warm, and the tapping sound and oil pressure light have stopped coming on. must be running too lean

Comment

Working...
    X