small oil leak at oil switch assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

small oil leak at oil switch assembly

See a couple drops of oil on the oil switch assembly (thing connected to idiot light). the oil doesn't appear to be coming from the cam chain tensioner as it is only on the oil switch assembly. I know there is an oring under the thing but since it is lying on top, can oil come up through that thing? On a Kawasaki if I recall, there is a spring loaded thing under the sender and may be some sort of o-ring inside. I suspect it won't be the large sealing o-ring. has anyone had one apart?

There's a round o-ring under the plastic switch bit, and there's a sot of diamond-shaped o-ring under the metal housing for the switch. Either can leak, of course, but they're easy enough to replace and not very expensive from the Suzuki Mothership.

If you feel like oil is coming from or through the plastic switch itself (I guess it could crack or get damaged), it's still available from Suzuki for not a lot of cash -- $16.43 from my usual source.
    Shop online for OEM Crankcase parts that fit your 1981 Suzuki GS1000G, search all our OEM Parts or call at 800-595-4063
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
    X