1983 Suzuki GS1100 GL to 82 GS750 tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 Suzuki GS1100 GL to 82 GS750 tranny

Would someone far more knowledgeable than myself tell me if the engine from the 1983 GS1100 will bolt onto the transmission of the 82 gs750. I think I read I could get it the engine mounted into the frame but since its a shaft drive I wonder if I can fit it to my existing transmission. I have an opportunity at an awesome deal on the 1100 and am wondering if I should get it running again or part it. Keep the parts (engine) I want and sell the rest.
    Alex

I confused with what you're asking. The transmissions are in the engine cases. There is no separate transmission for any engine to bolt onto. if you want to install a 1100 engine in a 750 you'll need a chain drive engine, not a shaft drive.
    :cool:GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I went out and looked at my 750 after I posted this and realized the engine and transmission were a unit. My fledgling car knowledge got in the way. I thank you for responding to my stupid question!

Now I have to decide if I need another project bike. I know even less than I did about the chain drive but I have been riding chain drive motorcycles for some 35 years. I did like the shaft drive on my Honda VTX 1800 but Truth is I didnt even know suzuki produced a shaft drive. Now I have to see what parts availability is like for the old suzuki shaft drive final drive and if it pays for me to start messing with a GL.

I can get the bike cheap but if I will never be able to get replacement parts for the final drive it might not be worth it. It has about 34,000 miles on the clock according to the owner.

Comment

Working...
      X