GS1000 Crank Cad Drawing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 Crank Cad Drawing

Been bored so did this and sorry about the few Adverts in it ....

Just a hobby i have making Cad drawings. Mostly accurate
    Last edited by Guest; 09-05-2018, 08:59 PM.

Also just done this pics, now i just have to animate it..... And yes cams are out of sync. Was late in the night.

crank.jpg
    Last edited by Guest; 09-05-2018, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Bad link. Try again.

Comment

In the animation it looks like the #3 rod isn't moving with the #2 rod. Might be an optical illusion. Still pretty cool

Comment

#2 con rod is staying clocked at a 12 o'clock position while the rest are following a vertical center line path that the piston would follow.

I miss drawing in CAD. I was taught using Release 13 at ITT. I could draw just about anything in 3D solids, but we didn't have animation back then. The programs are just too expensive to have for just fooling around, but I wish I had one anyway. I went to school hoping to land a job drawing custom CNC automotive parts, but there were no jobs for that in central FL. I landed a good paying job with an aluminum railing company, but I got bored drawing railing posts for balconies and stair wells real quick.
          GSRick
          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

If you want to get back to CAD, Autodesk Fusion 360 is free for hobbyist, etc. and is pretty powerful. It feels weird to me, mostly because SolidWorks is my daily.
            Dogma
            --
            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
            '80 GS850 GLT
            '80 GS1000 GT
            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
              If you want to get back to CAD, Autodesk Fusion 360 is free for hobbyist, etc. and is pretty powerful. It feels weird to me, mostly because SolidWorks is my daily.
              Thanks, I'll check it out. I had the student version of Release 13 when I was at ITT in '98-99 and haven't messed with anything since then. I took to it fairly easy so I think I can get into the swing of it in short order. I looked into Solidworks free trial not to long ago, but couldn't figure out how to use it and now I get unlimited emails for upgrades. Oh boy lucky me.
              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
                In the animation it looks like the #3 rod isn't moving with the #2 rod. Might be an optical illusion. Still pretty cool
                well spotted. #2 rod isnt running up and down like it should. well spotted. Thanks Ill fix it in next vid with the cams running

Comment

Running SW 2016 version. I tried going back to autodesk few mths ago but was lost. KeyShot 7 dresses up the pics quite nicely aswell

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                    Thanks, I'll check it out. I had the student version of Release 13 when I was at ITT in '98-99 and haven't messed with anything since then. I took to it fairly easy so I think I can get into the swing of it in short order. I looked into Solidworks free trial not to long ago, but couldn't figure out how to use it and now I get unlimited emails for upgrades. Oh boy lucky me.
                    Yeah, that would have been a big change, from R13 to SW. From pure Boolean operations to feature based parametrics. Maybe also changing from the command line interface to clicking on menus and toolbars. I briefly used R13 solids for work. I'm told it was harder to use than R12 solids. I hear in R12 (and recent releases) you can move a hole by the grips instead of filling it in and making a new hole. Once you get the swing of parametric modeling, you'll rarely want to go back. In SW, did you get as far as figuring out controlling the geometry with constraints and relations instead of placing the geometry directly?
                    Dogma
                    --

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                    '80 GS850 GLT
                    '80 GS1000 GT
                    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by sharpy View Post
                      Running SW 2016 version. I tried going back to autodesk few mths ago but was lost. KeyShot 7 dresses up the pics quite nicely aswell
                      I thought that looked like SolidWorks.
                      Dogma
                      --

--
                      '80 GS850 GLT
                      '80 GS1000 GT
                      '01 ZRX1200R

Comment

I downloaded the free 30 day trial and will go through the tutorials. I miss using a command line and tool bars simultaneously as it let me place my measurements for size and offsets while I picked where it would take place with the mouse, but I'm sure it will come to me. It's been so long I forgot most of it anyway, it just felt weird trying it out by myself. I wish I still had a desk top PC instead of a laptop.
                        Last edited by gsrick; 09-08-2018, 11:14 PM.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

It took me a long time to get over losing the command line. I do what I can with hotkeys and shortcuts, but I'm not sure which his ultimately faster. Maybe not the command line.

It didn't take too long to give up placing geometry precisely. I let the constraints and relations handle that for me now. In fact, when I do have occasion to place geometry manually, it feels weird, like it's unreliable. Using relations may feel like extra work, until you can change one parameter and update a whole design that would have taken five hours manually. That's when it clicks, I think.
                          Dogma
                          --

--
                          '80 GS850 GLT
                          '80 GS1000 GT
                          '01 ZRX1200R

Comment

It took me a long time to get over losing the command line. I do what I can with hotkeys and shortcuts, but I'm not sure which his ultimately faster. Maybe not the command line.

It didn't take too long to give up placing geometry precisely. I let the constraints and relations handle that for me now. In fact, when I do have occasion to place geometry manually, it feels weird, like it's unreliable. Using relations may feel like extra work, until you can change one parameter and update a whole design that would have taken five hours manually. That's when it clicks, I think.
                            We were taught at MMI to draw in actual measurements, because everything we did were destined to be blueprints printed to scale with all the measurements for the production of whatever discipline it addressed. I really enjoyed going there, we had to do manual board drawings and CAD drawings. It rotated, three weeks on the boards and three weeks on the computer. It got to the point on the computer that everything mechanical, I'd do in solids to pull all my measurements and views.

Mind if I ask what you use CAD for?
                            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                              Mind if I ask what you use CAD for?
                              Think you asking Dogma but for me its just a play toy, but do love using it and measuring stuff that come in handy one day. Its great for seeing what things will look like even before you turn them up on the lathe. Look in here for some of my weird brain thoughts... https://grabcad.com/library?page=1&t...ry=don%20sharp

Chain Alignment Specs.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X