No announcement yet.

GS1000 Crank Cad Drawing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was, but I was hoping anyone would chime in.

I went to school to give me a new career path 20 years ago, but the only jobs in central FL were architecture(not really well paying, but abundant) and power companies(boring). I took a well paying job offer with a small family run aluminum railing company that was a 45 minute to an hour drive one way. I got bored with it fairly quickly(still architecture). I already had a job with special needs children for the last 10 years and decided to stick with that for another 15 years. I don't regret my decision as that was a fulfilling job, but I wonder where I may have been financially if I had went in a different direction.

If I lived somewhere else it may have been a different story. I wanted to work on prototype and custom items for the automotive aftermarket, but it seemed as the majority of that work was in Cali and my wife had no interest to move away from her family. Now that I'm into bikes, designing parts for them may be a way to do something on my own. I have a neighbor that has a CNC business. So it may be something to look into. Maybe some custom parts for vintage bikes similar to what can be found for late model bikes.

I just took a look at your portfolio. That's what I'm talking about. Very nice work.
    Last edited by gsrick; 09-10-2018, 12:58 PM.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I also see you fixed your animation. Looks awesome. There could be money to be made in technical illustration.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
        We were taught at MMI to draw in actual measurements, because everything we did were destined to be blueprints printed to scale with all the measurements for the production of whatever discipline it addressed. I really enjoyed going there, we had to do manual board drawings and CAD drawings. It rotated, three weeks on the boards and three weeks on the computer. It got to the point on the computer that everything mechanical, I'd do in solids to pull all my measurements and views.

Mind if I ask what you use CAD for?
        My day job is designing fixtures for CNC mills. Mostly 4 and 5 axis verticals. I generally use SW for all my hobby work on the 3D printer too. It's fun designing for a different manufacturing process and experimenting with other kinds of modeling.
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Thanks Dogma and gsrick, im getting closer to retirement so any extra dollars be nice . But we all say that.

Comment

Working...
          X