Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has any documented "normal" exhaust primary temps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93Bandit View Post
    Thanks, Wingsconson. Btw, what's your idle speed? It sounds kinda high, or is that normal?

It was a little high that day it sounds...I can't remember if I had it turned up or why?
    During that time period the idle would increase once the bike was fully warmed up -
    The exhaust leaks you can hear may have been an issue - now it doesn't do that as I have removed the exhaust (last fall) and
    replaced all the pipe joint connectors ; and plugged the holes in the end of the exhaust the previous owner had drilled out

Comment

My bike, which chokes and idles perfectly, I sometimes furn the choke immediately to about 2k or less, just to be considerate to the neighbors. I idle down about a quarter miles before touching the choke or the throttle. Once my hand is on the throttle, I kill the choke all the way. I blip the throttle a little at the first corner to keep from stalling. This situation might last another block or two, then once I'm on a normal road everything's easy.

I do this as a courtesy to the neighbors. In fact, with my old '73 Z1, I used to push her an eighth of the way down the block before jumping on, starting (no baffle) and going all the rest of the way using just the choke.

Once I got off the block, all bets were off.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
      X