Strange camshaft set???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange camshaft set???

First of all hello everyone. I stumbled across this forum when I was reading manuals on Bike Cliff`s website. Brief background history, I am restoring a gsx750e from 1982 and i am in the assembly stage.

I will post a picture and see if you can help me. My concern is that my camshafts do not match the manual. Is the installation that my picture shows correct? Do I have another type of exhaust cam? Please help me, i'm geting dumber every second I stare at my engine

(20 pins between arrow 2 and 3, arrow 1 is flush with the head, cam grooves also alined with the head)

...sorry if this question already exists in the forum but I could not find it. Thanks in advance and for an awesome forum.
    Attached Files

Not exactly sure what your question is. The picture is not much help.

If you are questioning the number of pins, the manual will give the correct number, but you have to be sure to count correctly. You said "20 pins between arrow 2 and 3 ...", but you have to realize that pin #1 is OVER arrow #2 and pin #20 is OVER arrow #3, meaning that there are actually only 18 pins BETWEEN the arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by phydeauxmutt View Post
      Not exactly sure what your question is. The picture is not much help.

If you are questioning the number of pins, the manual will give the correct number, but you have to be sure to count correctly. You said "20 pins between arrow 2 and 3 ...", but you have to realize that pin #1 is OVER arrow #2 and pin #20 is OVER arrow #3, meaning that there are actually only 18 pins BETWEEN the arrows.
      2269CE13-9999-4950-9246-F9D14F130FD9.jpgTrying to upload better picture

Comment

0138131D-3D51-4394-90C3-8EE7150FA134.jpg

im giving up on uploading images….

Comment

I counted 20 pins.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I was able to enlarge the picture a bit, I agree, 20 pins.
            I ride many bikes.
            Some are even Suzukis.

Comment

Yep, with the ^2 mark being pin 1, I count that pin 20 is on the ^3 mark. (and the crank needs to be on the ignition T mark).

ANd the ^1 arrow (cant see in pic) needs to be pointing flush to gasket surface after the cam caps bolted down.

And all that still line up after turning crank around a few times and back to the T mark.

Trick to uploading pics is to not upload/attatch them to GSR site (and expect the GSR site to store them), but to upload them to some other photo hosting site (imgur, imageShack, photobucket) and then find how to copy (share) the IMG code into your posting. (Yah, like had to in 1999.)

Not understanding your question about the type of exhaust cam.
              Last edited by Redman; 02-15-2022, 01:05 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
              X