• Show
Clear All

Very interesting Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
      Very interesting Phil
      Very

Comment

Did you get that 1100 swingarm to bolt right up? Would it bolt right up to a GSX750? That'd be nice to have the extra clearance for a 150-160mm tire.

Comment

It just bolted up. No spacers or anything. The frame is a 79 GS1000, I don't know if 750s are different.

Comment

let me know how those 92 750 usd forks work out for you, are they alot shorter then oem 1000 forks?

-ryan
            78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
            82 Kat 1000 Project
            05 CRF450x
            10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Re: NEW PICS!

Wow, I wish I could get a sportier swingarm that would mount right up to my 81 GS750L. But sadly its tne deposed "L" model that nothing seems to fit.

Dm

Comment

I don't know how well the forks will work yet... I don't have a wheel ready. I need to lace the wheel up (4.25 rim - 2001 sportster aluminum hub - 20MM bearings) to see if it will clear the calipers. I also have not recieved my front tire (140/70-18 Avon Venom) because it's back ordered. I'm hoping the front tire/wheel will bring it up a little and not ruin the trail on the forks. I'm also hunting for CBR 954 triple's like Katman has. They are supposed to add an inch of height.

I rode it today, the front end is scarry. It's sagged so much it makes the front feel "heavy" and the single disc has way to little stopping power. I've got some jetting/tuning issues too, no power over 5K.

Anyone know if the GSXR speedo drive works with the GS speedo?

Comment

Hey PhiloFab, How did you mount the license plate like that?

Dm of mD

Comment

New pics

I just made a little bracket and welded it to the frame. Here are some new pics.

[/url]

Comment

Re: New pics

Originally posted by philofab
                      I just made a little bracket and welded it to the frame. Here are some new pics.

[/url]
                      That's beautiful man! Hey, thank you for posting the pics of the rearsets. I would like to copy that on my bike. Also, if you plan on running the bike with just the headers like that could you tell me what your carb jetting is?
                      I run pods on mine and I'd like to run it with just the 4-into-1 header but I don't feel like messing with the jetting if someone else already knows the good settings.

Thank you thank you,
                      Dm of mD

Comment

Right now I've got 120 mains and 15 pilot. Stock needle on the KZ VM carbs. My coils/ignition are trashed so it does not run right. I have a DynaS + Coils on the way, I've also got a electrix stator + reg coming if it ever comes off backorder. I plan on putting a 4/1 header on it and building it back to the rear wheel. I think I've got some stock GSXR1300 mufflers laying around I might put on it.

I wish my 140/70-18 tire would show so I can put my USD forks on.

Comment

Dude, that is streetfighter to the max!

I'm super jealous of the rearsets...

Awesome.
                          Currently bikeless
                          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Man that is turning into a sweet bike! Nice work on the welding and fabrication. I can't wait to see what's next.

Comment

Originally posted by philofab
                              Right now I've got 120 mains and 15 pilot. Stock needle on the KZ VM carbs. My coils/ignition are trashed so it does not run right. I have a DynaS + Coils on the way, I've also got a electrix stator + reg coming if it ever comes off backorder. I plan on putting a 4/1 header on it and building it back to the rear wheel. I think I've got some stock GSXR1300 mufflers laying around I might put on it.

I wish my 140/70-18 tire would show so I can put my USD forks on.
                              Hmmm...Sounds good. I've been trying to figure out how to get a Hayabusa can to go onto my MAC 4-into-1 header.
                              So far It is looking like I will have to have a custom mid-pipe created.
                              I searched the junkyards but could not find a midpipe with a 2.5 inch connection to the header. I've got Dyna coils on my bike too. Far superior to the stock coils. The Electrex stator and R/R work out great too. They were the first thing I swapped out on my bike.

Dm of mD

Comment

Working...
                              X