Street Fighter from Hell! pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New parts!

New guages and new taillight bulbs. Some assembly required.

Comment

that is a sweet bike ya got there, you should contact a good pinstriper/sign painter to have them set ya right. Judgeing from the rods i see in the background im sure you prob already know one. If you dont and you want to find one in your area let me know and ill see if i can find one for ya, or you could venture here to NC and ill pinstripe it for ya for a 6 pack of beers

also did you canhge the springs/shocks in the back. If you did let me know what ya did, i want to lower my bike a little and cant seem to find some good springs for it.

thanks
      -Dave

Comment

paint and shocks

I'm actually planning to go dark flat green with a flying tiger style paintjob. I haven't decided if I'm going to stripe it or not... but thanks for the offer.

The rear shocks are meant for a honda CB, hondas use like a 11" shock and suzukis use a 13". I plan on cutting the rear end off and moving the top shock mount forward and down a small bit. I may be getting a set of works shocks from a buddy meant for a CBX. I need a little more lift in the back for ground clearance so I can lean over farther. I'll also get the benifit of quicker steering and better angle in the swingarm.

Comment

Hey everybody, I got some new rash on Tuesday. For some reason the front wheel locked up at about 45mph. Got off lucky, just one broken bone.

What would cause the brakes to get way hot and lock up then lossen after cooling? MC?

Comment

there probably isnt enough space between the disc and the pad, or if the brake unit isnt centerd right over the disc it could cause fristion, or the disc might be warped

Comment

Originally posted by philofab
              Hey everybody, I got some new rash on Tuesday. For some reason the front wheel locked up at about 45mph. Got off lucky, just one broken bone.

What would cause the brakes to get way hot and lock up then lossen after cooling? MC?
              That sucks! Heal fast.

I'm no expert, but I remember reading something about a blocked bleed hole in the master cylinder allowing fluid out, but not back in, causing the brakes to lock up after a few applications, but then they free up after the fluid cools.

Comment

I just want to make sure that I read all of this right, but with a stock gs1100 swingarm you can fit a 5.5 wheel and a 180 tire?

Thanks, I want a big rear tire, but not a bunch of fabrication.

BTW, In our automotive shop, we have had a lot of problems with people putting other hydraulic fluids in(power steering fluid) This causes the rubber to swell with heat, and causes the brakes to lock up. Hopefully you haven't done this.

Comment

not enough space between the rotors and calipers,

Comment

It was new brake fluid. System was dry before. I am going to buy a complete Hayabusa 6 pot system off ebay for the bike.

Comment

Sorry for the post revival, but the links are dead and this sounds like a killer bike - Philo are you still around to point us to a new location for the pics?

Comment

yea, I missed the first run, unkl al let you post off his site??

hope yer all healed up by now...?

Comment

Just got back on the site... started a new thread for the bike and I'll fix the image links on this one.

Comment

Working...
                          X