Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fairing

Greetings all,
    I have a 83 1100e, someone put a small fairing on with a square headlight. Does anyone know if a 1983 gs1100es fairing fits on a 1100e? I can't find an origional round ass. so if the es fairing would work, I'd settle for that. thanks

Mattman,
    I can't be sure ( I am pretty new to the GS1100 as well) but it should bolt right up. On my 83 1100, there are a number of unused bolt holes on the uper front frame head unit, I used them to bolt up a fairing from a 84 1150...perfect fit. the guage clusters are different, but with a little modification my stock guages workrd out fine. You will probably need the entire fairing assembly, including the light and mounting brackets, from teh design of mine, it would not just slide over your existing light.
    My extrapolated guess is that the frames are the same, and have the same mounting bosses (correct term?), it would be awfully expensive for Suzuki to have made multiple frames when it was no ness.
    Let us know how it turns out.

Derrick

Comment

Originally posted by DerrickC
      I used them to bolt up a fairing from a 84 1150...perfect fit. the guage clusters are different, but with a little modification my stock guages workrd out fine.
      Derrick
      Derrick, that sounds pretty cool. Got any pictures of your setup 8) 8)
      Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
      2000 Kawasaki Concours
      Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Hey Doug,
        if you look at my site at the www button below, there are a few pics of my projects, ( most under "1100E") an I will probably add some more in the near future.
        If htere is anything specific you want a look at, let me know and i will see what I can post.

Derrick

Comment

The nice thing is the guy i bought this from put a 750 square light on it. So it sounds as if i should be ok. If you have pics please post them. I think I'm gona go for it thatnks dude.

Comment

Originally posted by DerrickC
            Hey Doug,
            if you look at my site at the www button below, there are a few pics of my projects, ( most under "1100E") an I will probably add some more in the near future.
            If htere is anything specific you want a look at, let me know and i will see what I can post.

Derrick
            Not to post hijack, but DAMN Nice Derrick. Very sharp looking set-up.
            Thanks 8) 8) 8)
            Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
            2000 Kawasaki Concours
            Please wear ATGATT

Comment

750 fairing

hey there mattman

I just got an 83 GS750E and it is missing the front fairing.
              I have a square headlight and from the pics ive seen of other the fairing is quite small.
              I was wondering if you are switichin out your fairing, if youd be willing to part with it?
              please let me know.

thanks

Comment

Working...
              X