As promised, pics of my '82 GS850L after "phase 3"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As promised, pics of my '82 GS850L after "phase 3"

As promised, here are a few pics of after "phase 3" of my 1982 GS850L. Things to look for-
    no more emblems
    handlebars
    rear brake light, with refabbed rear fender
    pipes
    beautiful paint...
    redone seat and seat covor

I have done everything myself except bought the slipons, and bought the handlebars.

Pics-

Webshots, the best in Desktop Wallpaper, Desktop Backgrounds, and Screen Savers since 1995.

What do you guys think?-darren

Maybe it's the weird angle of the pictures, but that's the first L model I didn't think looked hideous. Nice work.

Comment

Very nice work. I am thinking of doing some of the same things to my 81 750L. I like the idea of cleaning up the look of the bike. What kind of tailight is that and where did you get it?

Brian Morel

Comment

Is that a dirt bike handlebar on there?

Looks pretty nice man! For an "L"...
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I got the tail light from a swap meet a few weeks ago for 5$ haha no idea what it's off... The handlebars are off one of my previous bikes, my 1972 GT250 which I recently parted out. Also I just got my new chrome slotted grips in the mail today, man that was definetly woth the $30 I paid via ebay . Thanks for the comments guys, any other ideas?make her look more purty??-darren

Comment

looks sharp i like it, you want some suggestions....

ok paint the shock springs black, polish the rims edges with some mother polish getting them nice and shiney, get a nice looking strap for the mufflers sominthing that hides better, don't be scare to buy some flat stock and bend cut drill it to make it work for you. And on the rear turn signals get ride of the little drop down tab and just bolt the turn signals up to holes that are there for the fender. drill out the hole if you need too. and maybe cut the end of the frame where the turn signals go so that it follows the lines of the rear fender better, right now you have a nice smooth curving fender the *BUMP* the end of the frame interrups it you need to work that out a little bit, bust out a angle grinder and have some fun.

i hope you don't take these persoanlly i really like the look of the bike and i think some of theses things can really help give this bike even more poowwwww.

-ryan
            78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
            82 Kat 1000 Project
            05 CRF450x
            10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations man! Keep em comin! Accually last night I was one step ahead of ya, last night mounted the rear signal light itself straight to the frame, looks much cleaner, I'll work on the rest, thanks again.-darren

Comment

Originally posted by isaac
                Maybe it's the weird angle of the pictures, but that's the first L model I didn't think looked hideous. Nice work.
                What he said.. Much improved. It seems to me to be a bit like a Road Star Warrior, which is cool.

If it were mine and I had money to burn, actually, just had money, I would chuck the bars, get clip-ons and rearsets and rework the seat. (Perhaps something off a late GSXR with tail hump?) Dont take my advice though as I am going to do my ES (Extra Special) Pink over white, after I have saved up to buy a chain, some sprockets, a starter clutch (pushstarting in the tropics is a workout) some non-budget rubber, handlebar grips of any kind, and a real exhaust system. Oh, and I almost forgot, a NOS or better ignition system, rather than the homemade hybrid toyota/honda system I am currently using..

Your bike rocks and I love that you dare to be different...

CJ

Comment

It really needs tank emblems...

Comment

Bah, get some custom decals made and customize the bike the way you want. I get so many people asking me what brand or model my bike is and where they can get one because of all the customizing I've done to it.

It's the decals that draw em in!

Dm of mD

Comment

I usually don't care for L models but I have to admit and agree with the others. That is looking a lot better. With the look you've given it now it would look awesome with some drag bars on it.

Comment

I like 99% of bikes no matter what

Comment

Also, you may want to invest in some more up-to-date and smaller turn signals.

Dm of mD

Comment

Working...
                          X