• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150 oil cooler Mod

I spent a while yesterday installing my Oil Cooler
    Im not to sure what I think of it yet
    What do you guys think?

Looks good. What kind is it? Are thoses lines secure enough to not flap around at speed?

Comment

its a B&M transmission Cooler Actually and the lines are Earls - 6 with *O* ring Jurnals right in to the block, They aint going no where, solid as a rock, the whole lot cost $140, Canadian

Comment

I think it looks good Joe!

Is my Turbo enroute?

I am prancin in my pants man, come on!

Plus I am worried that if you take much longer the money
        will disipate 8O

I know your working on it, just keeping it live. I want that thing!

Let me know buddy.

Comment

Nice work, looks really good 8)

Comment

Im on it mate, I had to take the bike back out of the crate cause I left the Battery in it,.....DOH not that its gonna explode or anything allso the dam thing was only ment to be opened once (by you) so I got abit of capentry to undertake
            I have to have the finished size and weight before I can get you a price, Luckily today Im home early ...so I should be able to get some things done today....YIPP FUGGIN PEE
            your pataince is apreciated....
            Im gonna get it done NO problem
            allso do you think I should register this bike before sending it to you cuase I here it may cause you problems if I havnt got a reistration, I I have is a written bill of sale from the guy who I got the bike from....
            See Im thinkin ahead,
            see I never registered in my name cause Ive never even started it, you told me not to bother

Comment

Originally posted by joe.d
              Im on it mate, I had to take the bike back out of the crate cause I left the Battery in it,.....DOH not that its gonna explode or anything allso the dam thing was only ment to be opened once (by you) so I got abit of capentry to undertake
              I have to have the finished size and weight before I can get you a price, Luckily today Im home early ...so I should be able to get some things done today....YIPP FUGGIN PEE
              your pataince is apreciated....
              Im gonna get it done NO problem
              allso do you think I should register this bike before sending it to you cuase I here it may cause you problems if I havnt got a reistration, I I have is a written bill of sale from the guy who I got the bike from....
              See Im thinkin ahead,
              see I never registered in my name cause Ive never even started it, you told me not to bother
              Rock on Joe, thx Yeah no need to bother starting it but yes by all means please register it so we can have a smooth transfer. I appreciate you taking the time to get the battery back out. It was most likely gone anyway and could have done bad things (leak, etc...)

Just let me know when your ready and how much it is.

WooHoo!

Comment

Hey joe, your cooler looks awesome! no need to second guess your mod, I love it.

And along those lines, I've been looking for options for replacing my oil cooler, as it looks old and dirty, along with the lines. Could you give us more information on your mod? what lengths of lines did you use, what fittings on each end, and where'd you end up ordering all this from, and what'd you have to fab in terms of mounting bracetry. Sorry for all the questions, but again, wow.

Comment

Parts List:
                  1 x B&M Super Cooler Polished Aluminum Part Number:70265
                  2 x Aeroquip -6 to 1/2 O ring Boss Part Number: FCM2013
                  2 x Aeroquip -6 Staight Hose ftg Part Number: FCM1012
                  2 x Aeroquip -6 90 Degree Hose ftg Part Number: FCM4032
                  3 foot of - 6 Hose cut in 1.5 ft lenths

Putting the hose together isnt a easy task there is a method involved that makes a hard job very easy,

1. duck tape the end of the hose
                  2.use a hose clamp and clamp the end of the aeroquid hose as tight as you can
                  3. use a grinder to grind the hose flat to the hose clamp
                  4. then swiftly pull the hose clamp off without undoing the hose clamp
                  5. push the nut of the aerp quip fitting on the pipe as far as it can go
                  6.bolt the fitting together

I would get the hose made up if you had a chance
                  the
                  O ring bosses go right in to the block where the large banjo bolts of the oil cooler were, each side of the oil filter cover
                  the oil cooler bolted right on to the original oil cooler mounts I just had to make a bracket to meet the bottom mount

Comment

alright, I know this is an older topic, but I'm just getting around to ordering the parts for my own oil cool mod using the tranny cooler.

to double check, the adaptors screw into where the original banjo bolts were, then the 90 degree fittings point them up, then the line runs to where the cooler mounts, using the straight fittings to attach the lines to the cooler, right?

Comment

Be carefull screwing the oil adapters in the bottom of your engine, if you have any choice get them yo make the lines for you its a pain in the arse

Comment

Working...
                      X