gs700es aftermarket fairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs700es aftermarket fairing

for those who may know about it there was an aftermarket fairing available for the gs700 that was a lower faring that stretched all the way down the front like the modern bikes. does anyone know what the proper mounting bolts and spacers are? I have the fairing minus the mounting hardware and while I could play the quessing game I was wondering if anyone would know the answers.
    Also If anyone is interested I have a 700es nose faring without a windshiled or mounting bracket that is in fair condition, some scratches, and the lower triangle farings that are in primer if anyone is interested in trade or purchase.

I have a '84 GS750EF with the full fairing. I wonder if you can just bolt it on as the top part is exactly the same as the ES version. If not I'm sure you can make some mount points and bolt on the bottom part. The only trick is to buy the lower fairing part. As I understand it was only available in Europe and Canada. Maybe you can ask around up here, here are some Canadian salvage weblinks to try:

TO Cycle
    This website is for sale! motorbiketoronto.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorbiketoronto.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Ontario cycle salvage
    This website is for sale! ontariocyclesalvage.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ontariocyclesalvage.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Zdeno cycle salvage

As far as I know they all will ship to the US no problem

Here is my bike (same colour too), as you can see the top fairing is the same.

Comment

Also If anyone is interested I have a 700es nose faring without a windshiled or mounting bracket that is in fair condition, some scratches, and the lower triangle farings that are in primer if anyone is interested in trade or purchase.
      I am interested in the fairing and the small side pieces if you can PM me and let me know how much you want for them. The only thing I have to trade is a stock air box, since I put pods on.

I know Lockhart-Phillips use to make a lower fairing for the 700ES.

Comment

chrissinc how is your lower fairing attached? mine has room for two bolts on each side at the top and one on each side in the middle below the suzuki cases of the motor. what I am looking for is what kind/size bolts, spacers, washers, nuts etc... or maybe some good pictures of the mounting areas

Comment

The top two bolts I beleive are already there on the ES version where the lower skirts would go. THe lower two quick release bolts are mounted to a frame that is bolted to the main frame of the bike. the lowest bolt goes into a housing that is also bolted to the frame of the bike. I'll try and find a digital camera. Mine is a factory fairing so it may give you an idea on how to mount something else. It's not a very complicated setup.

This is your fairing, which is my upper. At the bottom of the quater fairing are two bolt holes which look about right for my bike with the full fairing. Ill have to take a look after work and see.

I think the holes you are talking about are the mounting holes for the full fairing. It sounds right to me. I can't see Suzuki remanufacturing a whole sub-frame for just a little bit of lower fairing.

Comment

I have those lower fairings you posted the link to as well and I gathered that the full fairing mounts to the same two upper wholes as the small factory ones did. but I wasn't sure how. more importantly than the uppers is how is th ebottom of the fairing supported?

Comment

Hi,
              i have a gsx750EF wit the fairing, the fixings are as follows:
              top 2 - use the same fixings as the cowls on the bottom of the bikini fairing, 2 per side.
              middle 2 - dzus type fixings that fit onto a bracket which bolts to the frame (two threaded holes in frame just below exhaust outlets on outside face of frame)
              lower - small bracket attached to threaded hole on lower frame rail, below clutch/ generator covers.
              fairing clamp - strip with two weld nots to hold 2 halfes together at the bottom.

As long as you have the threaded holes in the frame then i guess you can make it fit but it would be some work to fab those brackets if you havnt got them.

To be honest, i have taken my fairing off because A) its looking pretty tired now (paint and few cracks) and B) its doesnt really offer much protection for you or the engine as its very tight to the engine anyway

i'll take some pictures if i have time, which will explain better than 1000 words

Comment

great some pics would really help.

Comment

Working...
                X