L model rear fender swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L model rear fender swap

I have a 450L and I've put a wider tire in my bike rear end and it looks awasome!!

I'm thinking of dropping her back an inch 'cause I'm a little short and that leaves me in trouble from time to time... but even now, with standard height, minimum preload and two up, my tire is scrubbing the rear fender borders when riding uneven surfaces.

I know that the problem is not the fender, but I'm wondering if it's possible to fit a wider rear fender from a 750L or 850L in my GS450L.

I was looking at the catalogs and the 750-850 have the most simmilar mounting holes (in contrast to the 550 wich has the holes in a different alignment)...

Can anybody with a 750(G)L or a 850(G)L take some measures for me? I need to measure the distance between the two fender holes (center to center) and the distance between the fender borders (side to side) to see if they match up or don't.

Thankyou friends! keep riding!

Well, no one said that you have to keep the stock fender.
    If you wanted to you could put a sportbike fender back there if you can mount it up well. That way there will be nothing down in the way to scrub the tire.

Me, I put a fender from a Honda Rebel 250 on my bike and chopped it with a sawzall to fit my fitment needs.

Comment

Everything is possible but I would like to keep the stock look... In fact I like how the L model fender looks... My girlfriend has a Rebel 250, I guess I can take measurements from it... if the Rebel fender seems to fit, it's probable that the 750L will fit too...

Detman, can you please take a fast measure of the distance between stock mounting hole centers? Do you have your stock fender at hand?

I would like to see your bike
      Thank you!!

Comment

Stock fender was gone a year ago....sorry.

Comment

Working...
        X