A Thank You To Leon (Focus Frenzy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Thank You To Leon (Focus Frenzy)

These are Floorboards that were pulled from a GS850 at a salvage yard. They were without shift linkage and one of the boards were cracked due to what appeared to be a lay-down an the left side. After some fabrication, welding, trial and error, and, of course, that one bolt length that Nobody seemed to have untill the 7th place I looked, This is the result. I am happy with it. So I figured since Leon was my point-in-contact on getting these and shipping them to me, That he should get a look at them. Just a Thank you to Leon.

[/img]

Wow, pretty sweet! Should make for some comfortable miles.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

WOW! nice job fixing them up! what did the shifter come from?

Comment

Thanx! Shifter and linkage came from the local salvage yard, was in a box full of about 50 shifters. I had the mount made and welded on to fit where the origianl one was broken off. Takes some getting used to on the shifting part, but the boards make it a whole lot better on the legs! After your cost, was about 15.00, 6 hours of fabrication and bolt getting, and a 12 pack of Coors (for the welder). Not bad considering the ones on EBAY went for $428.00!!

Comment

Very Very Nice!!

Now have your welder buddy fabricate a bunch of customs for the rest of us -- I think I can spare a case of Coors!!

Comment

Working...
          X