Windshield, and sissybar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windshield, and sissybar

Anybody know where I could find a sissy bar, and a small to medium sized windshield for a 79 GS 750L? Those are my next two purchases for my bike...

Anyone tryed the Spitfire Sport Shield from Slip Streamer Inc. on there GS? It says it will fit any 7/8 inch round bar bike??

It's is 15" high and 16" wide. My local dealer has them for $59 in stock!! Wanted to put it on my '80 GS850G. I am guessing that would keep teh air off my chest and arms but still hit my helmet for good air flow.

Comment

Yep, that's the one I have on my bike currently.
      Fits like a charm and it's adjustable too.

Comment

Anybody know where I could find a sissy bar,
        For a sissy bar, you'll have to look for a rear rack- with a sissy bar. I found mine on e-bay after a few years of bidding and getting sniped.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Detman101

SWEET!! So it fits AND YOU LIKE IT!!! I will pick it up from RJ's cycle in Nashua TONIGHT!! What kind of GS do you have it on?? Where is the airflow hitting you with the sheild on??

Comment

Thanks for that link on the windshield! That looks like exactly what I'm looking for as well...

And it doesn't even look too "geeky" looking!

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
              Anybody know where I could find a sissy bar,
              For a sissy bar, you'll have to look for a rear rack- with a sissy bar. I found mine on e-bay after a few years of bidding and getting sniped.
              Was that supposed to be encouraging?

Comment

WINDSHIELD AND SISSY BAR

MOUNTED A WINDSHIELD I FOUND IN A SALVAGE YARD
                WORKS NICE

INSTEAD OF A SISSY BAR I HAVE A TRUNK WITH BUILT INBACK REST MOUNT WERE THE PASSENGER WOULD SIT

GARY
                85 GS550L

Comment

Me TOOOO

I have a a hard helmet case mounted to a lugguge rack with a back rest for my girl. It slides forward for me to use when she is not riding!

Comment

There is one on ebay in the Asian Parts section. Refine your search by using Suzuki/GS. Sorry, not able to post the link.-Pete '80 1100L

Comment

Originally posted by shortlid
                      Originally posted by Detman101

SWEET!! So it fits AND YOU LIKE IT!!! I will pick it up from RJ's cycle in Nashua TONIGHT!! What kind of GS do you have it on?? Where is the airflow hitting you with the sheild on??
                      Airflow hits the top of my helmet. Here are some pics...
                      You can see my custom mounted sissybar on there too hehe.
                      It's off of an old 60's chopper.

Comment

Very nice man. I'm glad I've ordered that same windshield (except, I got the tinted one.)

Found a sissybar that says it'll fit a GS 550...but it looks like it's the same style as the 750 (the way it would mount anyway.) I'll be bidding on it if the seller writes me back in the affirmative, and another opportunity falls through. (waiting for an email from another GS Resources member here...)

Comment

Working...
                        X