Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pimp My Ride - Check this beauty out - Broadband Only!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pimp My Ride - Check this beauty out - Broadband Only!

Looking around for a GS to buy, I came across this mothership!

OK SO WHY THIS SUMB!TCH NOT APPEAR?

The rest of the gallery can be found here: http://www.bikepics.com/members/bobgs1100/83gs1100/

This sumbitch?

Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Yeah, thats her. What a beauty huh? 8O

Can you bolt just one more thing to that bike?

Comment

Bob looks like cool guy in a loose mood
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

holy crap. That thing's got a center stand. I wonder if the rider can actually get it up on that thing. I have a hard time with my gs750 as is.

Comment

Yeah he should get some kind of award for that thing. If Elvis had a GS, that would be it!

Comment

Dude, buy a Harley and return that bike to stock. 8O

Comment

My eyes! My Eyes! someone poke out my eyes.

Originally posted by Vox Teardrop
                Dude, buy a Harley and return that bike to stock. 8O
                Gotta agree. I'll bet his wife had some input as to the "decorating" of his ride. Some people should not customize.

Comment

Oh, baloney! That's one of the best conversation starters I've seen in years!

Comment

conversion what, personal preferance and such....but its a little gay, seems to me he had it painted and changed the lights, bolted on some police bags. not to much of a conversion really, but its the doods bike, and if he dosnt want or cant afford a harley,well the the GS is a awesome bike,
                    Though My self belives in renthals / rear sets/ Drag style, and i dont mean in a dress

Comment

on the other hand

I hear you all saying that, but on the other hand I see some things I want to (or might have to) do. For example,

I like the rack on the tank for the tank bag. Perennial problem of bag scratching paint is solved. Now I am not sure I like the actual design, but the concept is, I think, excellent.

And given the combination of funds, time, and skills I'll probably have to make my own saddle bags. One of the puzzles was due to a desire to be able to remove those bags without too much hassle. A base/cage mount was on my short list of solutions because if needed I could pull the bags and put something else on it. Now I think he's way too heavy in the design (big thick chrome pipes to form it all) but the basic idea seems right. And I can see the mounting arm well enough to give ideas for my own future use.

Now I admit the rear bumper cage is a bit extreme. And the over-engineered luggage rack looks able to hold more weight than any sane rider would put there - sane being defined as someone who likes to ride with two wheels firmly on the ground, not one firm and one touching now and then. But it could be worse, and taste aside it looks like he did a fine job of actually doing the work.

Just this newbies two cents.

Kirk

Comment

this is the pic that sells the bike :P
                        edit-is that a blue anodized valve cap on the front wheel? whats that about?

Comment

Is it just me, or does he look sort of like Popeye?

Comment

Originally posted by Desolation Angel
                            Is it just me, or does he look sort of like Popeye?
                            If thats Popeye then it wasn't Spinache he was shotgunning out of those cans.

/\/\ac

Comment

if he likes the bike then more power to him, we all have our own personal tastes... atleast he's riding a Suzi instead of a freakin harley... and yes i agree he looks like Popeye... oh and uhhh he needs to put on a damn pair of pants!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X