Night Rider Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Rider Update

Just installed a rifle SuperBike fairing from e-bay. Repainted to match the bike, gloss black. Let me know what ya think.

Thanks,
    Chris

Looks good to me! =D>

Comment

Looks awsome!!

By the way. what Header is that you are using?
      I want to emulate your exhaust and it is imposible with my MAC header.
      There are no mid-pipes that will mount to it.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Looks good! 8)

Comment

Fairing looks good and I know you will be waaaaay more comfortable at highway speeds! I'll take a stab at the exhaust-maybe a Hayabusa stock can and midpipe hooked up to a supertrapp header?

Comment

The header is generic e-bay from a wrecker. It may be a super trap. The pipe is a carbon fiber off of an R1 Yammi, also e-bay. I also used a combo of reducers from the auto parts store, no clamps, everything fits together snuggly. Attached at the stock site on the footpeg mount with the R1 clamp. I had to cut down the midpipe by a few inches, and had to plug the hole where I knocked the rivet out to move the oem hanger. The tone is nice, not too loud, until you open her up. From head to tailpipe, about $55.00. "Cheap is Good, Free is Better".

Thanks,
            Chris

Comment

That exhuast can is bigger than my leg!!!! Good job!

Comment

Re: Night Rider Update

Originally posted by stiksave
                Let me know what ya think
                Hey Chris...looks good man, nice job.

Just a few suggestions: IMOP you should get rid of those big A##
                front blinkers and just go with the ones on the fairing. Then swap
                out the yellow front side reflectors with red ones. Just my .02

Also like picture #19 Thats going to cause an accident.

Comment

Bret,

Thanks. The fairing had the lights on it when I got it. I thought about leaving them off when it was apart for paint. I also wanted to take off the stock lights, but the fairing lights are single element. I'd nead to change them out also. The reflectors are goofey, but Suzuki put them there.

Now that this is all together, here a question. Is the gear indicator supposed to be backlit? I don't want to pull it apart if it isn't. Also, I have a cheap tail light LED mod project I'm working on. I'll post it when completed. Should be soon.

Thanks,
                  Chris

Comment

Originally posted by stiksave
                    The reflectors are goofey, but Suzuki put them there.
                    I used these in place of the reflectors....the yellow ones just did'nt look good:

Comment

Yellow (amber) side reflectors up front are a DOT requirement.

Comment

Working...
                      X