Need paint ideas for 83 Katana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need paint ideas for 83 Katana

I will finally resurrect my old Kat this summer and I really need some ideas on what color(s) and graphics to use.
    Here is a brief rundown on the bike so you have an idea of what it will be like.
    90 GSXR1100 complete front end
    89 GSXR 750 swingarm 17X5.5 wheel
    1327 motor (black)
    Kerker 4into1 with a small polished can
    I plan on filling the turn signal mounts and using some of the minis for a cleaner look.
    Thanks for the ideas,
    Pat
    0-1-25

We (my wife & I) are kinda fond of the Candy Apple Red & silver stock colour scheme, beware it is VERY difficult to get "just right", I know I have had four spraypainters tell me to " get stuffed" when I have asked them to paint "Our 750" in that colour scheme.
    There is also an alternate Candy Apple Blue that is very rare and looks very cool too.
    Dink

Comment

I like this one scheme a lot:

Marco.

Comment

Or this one if you're into a bit wilder scheme:
        (ACTUALLY THE PINK IS PURPLE IN REALITY)

Grtz, Marco.

Comment

Man, those are both butt ugly (especially the first one!). And both sooooo tacky! Sorry, just my opinion!

The bike in your Avitar, Marco, is my kind of paint scheme! Nice!
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Glad you at least like my own scheme, Jethro.

Although some people don't like it 'cos it's an imitation GS1000S scheme on a GS750 body.

I've seen the tiger-bike in reality and it would be my choice if I had a Kat.

Marco.

Comment

I guess if you are into Kats (and god help me, I am) it's a bike that can warrant a "look at me" paint scheme.

And upon another look, the leapord scheme might look pretty trick in person...
              Currently bikeless
              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Thanks for the pics marcovandevelde. I actually like the tiger one but I think my painter would kill me if I suggested that. I have been searching for ideas and have decided to paint it black and have a pinstriper paint SUZUKI in script on the sides of the tank and put a Katana sword on each side of the fairing. The motor will be black with chrome stator/ignition/clutch/sprocket covers with the silver TSCC stickers. The wheels are gonig to be the gray hammered finish. The seat is going to be covered in a black weave like the old Corbins. The pipe is an old Kerker 4into1 with their welded canister.
                Pat
                0-1-25

Comment

Try this web site. There are a lot of differant ideas there.

Click on Feature Bikes. There is also a link to another Katana forum.

Good luck and lets see some pictures when it's all done.

Comment

Bryan,
                    Thanks for the links. I am going to check them out now.
                    I should have the Kat ready late July/early August.
                    When it is done I will post plenty of pics.
                    Pat
                    0-1-25

Comment

How about a Black Emerald? You never see it on a bike and it gives a pretty cool effect with a light shift from black to a very deep emerald green... It was available on the last generation Nissan 300ZX.
                      That would definitely make your bike unique without looking too boy racer...
                      2010 Honda VFR1200F
                      1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
                      Being Revisited
                      1981 Honda CM400T
                      http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Working...
                      X