Full Fairing Brace?! Attn: EF owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Fairing Brace?! Attn: EF owners

I recently purchased a full fairing from a GS750EF which attaches to the bottom of my GS750ES fairing. Question is, there are holes for bolts on the middle of the fairing. What are these holes for? We thought maybe it was for 2 threaded rods to go around the engine, one in front, and one behind.. but we're not sure.

Rght now the only place i can figure out the fairing will be attached to the bike is at the top, where it connects to my stock half fairing.

Since this is from an EF, i thought maybe someone with an EF could tell me.

Any ideas?

You didn't say what year your bike was so I didn't look it up on any schematics because I hate guessing. It takes too long.

Comment

Oh, sorry, 1986 GS750ES

Comment

There is a wrap around bar with the two quick release holes that you need to get, I'll look in 10 mins to see if they are welded or bolted on. You could make a wrap around piece of steel probably yourself, or try and pick one up at the wreckers. Hold on I'm going to look at my bike now. I have an '84 GS750ef. Here is my bike:

Yes the bar that holds the middle part is bolted on there it's not very thick I'm sure you could make one. Did the fairing come with the quick release bolts? Does the ES have the lower quick release bolt hole? I'm not sure how it would stand up but if you bolt the entire fairing on there including the underside bolts you might be able to get away with it as it seems most of the load bearing occurs at the top of the fairing. The side bolts mainly reduce vibration and eliminate flexing. If I get access to a digital camera I'll try and help you out more. K heres a really bad "PAINT" drawing I made of the middle wrap around bar which is bolted just underneath #1 and #4 cylinders exhaust ports on the front frame.

Comment

Unfortunatly the fairing didn't come with any mounting equipment, not even bolts. The only thing is a rectangular peice of metal that connects the left side to the right side.

I looked at some of the places where it looks like there were mounting holes and stuff and they look like they were just cut off. I'm gonna have to figure something out though. All the holes are there.. but.. there are like.. male ends or something that are cut off.

Pictures would be great, then i could bring it down to the local scrapper and see if he can hook me up with something. Unfortunatly they don't allow customers in their junk yard.

Comment

Working...
          X