scratchs / fixing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scratchs / fixing

i took my new bandit out for the first ride to day and i scratched the tak pretty bad in a couple of spots is the any thing i could use to fill them in besides touch up paint. thanks

How did you do that, Hmm I duno maybe some color car wax

Comment

Well, depending on just how deep they are I've used this stuff called GS27. How appropriate huh? Anyway I normally wouldn't have bought this stuff myself but the wife picked it up a few years ago and whaddya know? it works. Now it won't remove really deep scratches but it does take out scuffs and minor scratches. A lot of automotive type stores carry it. Oh! It comes in a tube that stands on it's cap. It's at least worth a shot.

Comment

Scratch X from McGuires is great stuff but it takes alot of elbow grease. I had literally half a mm gouges in my helmet that are now almost totally unoticable now. But it took a sh!tload of rubbing to get them that way. If they are super deep do it in stages otherwise your arm will fall off. It does work though. I suggest using your hands rather than a power tool to be carefull.

Its also good if you want to restore the paint a bit. My tank now almost looks new and white from sort of a dull yellow colour. Gets all the accumilated grime and crap from 20+ years of riding. I think it sort of chemically "melts" the paint slighly so you can smooth over all the rough spots.

GS27 or ScratchX will fix you up. I think McGuires is more available at least here in Canada. ANy Canadian Tire store will carry it.

Comment

Working...
        X