82 gs1100e wheel swop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 gs1100e wheel swop

Will a late 80's GSXR1100 front wheel fit in the stock 82E front end??? I have the GSXR front end the wheel came off of, but its missing the fender, bars, most of the bolts, oh, and the axle... Are these parts hard to find??

GS1100E wheel swap

Hey Shawn, will you be using gsxr rotors up front? You might run into clearance issues there. I bought most of front end patrs from the local boneyard. Most of the hardware was missing, anything I didnt have I ordered from the suzuki dealer. It's a bit pricey but if you really need it, suzuki is the place. Thanks for the compliments on the bike, it will be as fast as it looks next season with the addition of a hot street engine setup. Adam...

Comment

Will a late 80's GSXR1100 front wheel fit in the stock 82E front end???
      I can't imagine the width will work. Measure the spread on the fork tubes on your GS and the GSXR forks and see if they are close. I think you will likely have clearance issues with calipers and rotors at a minimum. Axles and spacers are easy to make from scratch if required, but if it physically will not fit, then it doesn't really matter.... :?

Mark

Comment

When I do swaps like this I use the whole triple tree and fit the rear rim to the rear swing arm to make it match- on my 75 Z chopper, I have 91 Katana GSX 600 forks, rims, whole triple up to my top clamp, and then use a GS 1100 E swing arm and run the same GSX 600 rear rim.

If you are going to swap rims to something more modern, there is no reason not to upgrade the suspension at the same time- some upside down forks would look killer on your GS, and a really fat 180 tire would look sweet too!

Comment

82 wheel swop....

Ya the rotors wont clear , by milimeters.... I've seen people get em in there bfor . maby it wasnt 1100 wheel but defanantly gsxr... hmmmm

thanx for the reply's guy's

Comment

Working...
          X