Side marker lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side marker lights?

Anyone add side marker lights to their GS? I'm thinking of something like Euro fender mounted turn signals...actually thats exactly what I'm talking about because the lights I've got came from a Saab 9000 or 900.

They are little yellow teardrops and I'm considering addeding them to the rearr 1/3 of the upper fairing on my GS750ES/EF.

If you look at this GS and picture some little yellow teardrops about where the S in Suzuki is you'll know where I mean. I was thinking of mounting them to the little add on wing on the front fairing but I want to be able to swap between ES and EF plastic. (I've got both)

Whudda ya think? I haven't tried them yet but I think they'll look fine and add some visabilty in urban traffic....I'm moving to Atlanta soon so I want to be as visable as possible!

/\/\ac

8) I did'nt go as far as side markers but I did rig up a set of short stalk (3) wire turn signals to the rear of my GS1150. I like the shorter stalks better and the additional lights in the rear can't hurt too much. Good luck with your project, it should look nice - Mike

Comment

well, my fairing has lights where you want em (different bike of course) all Id have to say is make sure you get power from somewhere that can take it, the moron that installed the fairing in my case (in 1983 or so I presume) ended up frying a good percentage of the wiring due to poor choices.
      Id run a relay from the battery or something similar, and after having lived in atlanta area for a number of years, Id paint the whole bike in reflective paint if I were you. it also wouldnt hurt to install an air horn like the truckers use. and don't forget to pack a gun

Comment

Originally posted by LW_Icarus
        well, my fairing has lights where you want em (different bike of course) all Id have to say is make sure you get power from somewhere that can take it, the moron that installed the fairing in my case (in 1983 or so I presume) ended up frying a good percentage of the wiring due to poor choices.
        Id run a relay from the battery or something similar, and after having lived in atlanta area for a number of years, Id paint the whole bike in reflective paint if I were you. it also wouldnt hurt to install an air horn like the truckers use. and don't forget to pack a gun
        Thanks for the tips! I'm planning to put the headlight and any other "big draws" on the front on relays but thankfully my wiring harness looks to be in really good shape for 22 years old or so.

I think I'm going to mount the side marker lights and some surplus F16 flare dispensers to be on the safe side.

Is an air horn an option?? I'll have to scout around but I bet I could mount a small pump inside dead space in the faiting. hrm... I'll have to look into this!

/\/\ac

Comment

Working...
        X