JC Whitney Seat? Anyone tried it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JC Whitney Seat? Anyone tried it?

Has anyone tried the cushy bucket seat offered for GS models on JC Whitney? Not to offend those keep their GS's bone stock....

Dunno. We'll find out - I've been looking for a split seat for my GS. Thanks for pointing it out, I just ordered it.

BTW, if you do order, coupon code "SEGMH05" (entered when you enter your credit card) will get you free shipping.

Thanks,
    - Tony

Comment

Could you post up a link? I couldn't find the seat you're looking for, but would like to have a looksie since I'm gonna mod my 850. In truth I'll probably make my own seat, but what the hell.

Comment

A friend had one on his old KZ a while back. It was one of the "double bucket" models, which was totally inappropriate for that bike.

It was ugly as sin and uncomfortable unless you had short legs -- it sort of locked you into one position.

However, it was about the only quick and reasonably cheap seating option at the time.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Search for the following at jcwhitney.com:

ZX029649T

I have a feeling that it will be like bwringer said - uncomfortable because it locks you into one position. If that's the case, I'll just return it.

- Tony

Comment

My seat is in pretty good shape, I just need to replace padding. Not sure if I can get the original cover back on if I try, though.

Comment

J C WHITNEY SEAT

NO BUT I HAD MINE MODIFIED LOCALLY
              GELPAK MORE CUSHION AND TRIMMED DOWN TO LOOK A LITTLE BETTER

Comment

I received the seat on Friday and it took me all of two minutes to decide that it was going back. As bwringer noted, it locks you into one (uncomfortable) position and probably only works for people with short legs.

- Tony

Comment

When I bought my bike, the guy I purchased it off of just installed one of these. Ummm... yeah... It takes some getting used to and some breaking in but I have to say that it's better than my old CB550 that I had.

Seeing as how I've only owned these two bikes though, I wouldn't hold this in too high a regard.

My two cents though.

Millhouse.

Comment

I have one on my 1979 gs850g, and yes it locks you into one position.Unfortunately not many options when I replaced mine.What and where are some good seat replacement options for this bike??
                    There are a few pics of my bike here

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos [/url]

Comment

Working...
                    X