GS750ES White Paint Code?? Spray Cans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750ES White Paint Code?? Spray Cans?

Hey, I am looking to spray the lower snap on pieces of my fairing to match the pearl white (what is the real color name?) upper section (and the rest of the bike for that matter). Right now they are unpainted black... Does anybody know where to get paint that would match? I could do well with just a can, but I can't find a suitable color.
    If I could just find the pieces at a reasonable price, I might just buy them...So either way, let me know if you can help.

Comment

Found that...but where do I find 16D?

Thanks. I had run across that at Alpha Sports. But does that help, does anyone still make that or is it antiquated? Thanks, LK

Comment

Check automotive paint suppliers in the phone book. Most of them can custom mix rattle cans if you bring them a sample of at least 4x4in. It has to be flat too.

I got a can of red and a can of black mettalic made up for repairs on my bike and after feathering the edges and clearcoating you can't tell the new from the old.

They ran me $11.95 per can, pricey but perfect...and the cans felt heavy when compared to an average spray can so I think there was plenty of paint in there.

/\/\ac

Comment

I'll abridge the story...

I have an 80 1100ET. About a year ago I lost a side panel. I took the other panel to a paint shop and they used their magic laser thing to analyze the paint. They also looked up the code, which was Pearl White. They were indiscernibly similar, so I bought the matched color to keep it the same color as the existing paint. A few months later, I had a fuel leak under the gas tank emblem and trashed the tank.

I did some horse-trading with a friend who owns a body shop and had my bike repainted to original.

The moral of the tale is that I have a 90% full pint can of Francois White enamel. I'll be glad to give it to you if you think it would work. I also have the hardener and plastic adhesive I got with it. It's Delstar brand if you want to check the codes. Like I said, it matched my original Pearl White.

Comment

Working...
          X