Restoration vs. Restorization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoration vs. Restorization

I was watching some hot rod car show on speedTV with one eye while I was doing something else and I heard the term "Restorization".
    Now we all know what restoration is: returning something to its original showroom condition with as many OEM parts as possible.
    Restorization is when you take, in this case, a 60-70's era muscle car and put conventional brakes, new rubber, which requires different wheels, some upgraded suspension components, maybe electronic ignition or even fuel injection, air conditioning, power steering, etc.
    I remeber now; it was a early 70's corvette, and they were basically putting the body on a 2000ish model. Since they are uni-body construction, or at least the body plays a role in the structure of the car, it was a fairly involved process, but you get the idea.

It caught my ear just because it's a good discription of what I'm doing with my 82 GS.

-KM

Also known as "Restified" - restored/modified

Comment

I think restorization is the best thing to do for sure.I am changing to progressive springs and shocks, different handlebars, different headlight, amking some forward controls, but the bike will look like a stock 1980 gs 1000 when I am done.Only it will be much better than the original.Yep, restorization is the bomb in my opinion.
      future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Working...
      X