Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifying the shock spring perches for lowering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oddl777, never had any trouble with any wear or damage.The only difference I've noticed is that the blocks take away the cushion of the shocks.Makes it ride more stiff than usual.They lower the rear end 2" from stock height.That website is:http://www.compacc.com/. Thanks for the compliment on my bike.

Comment

thanks

thanks for the webpage i got some on the way hope they look good. thanks have a good one

Comment

sorry for diggin up such an old post but do you have a part number for the lowering blocks you ordered??

Comment

It would seem like to me that grinding that nub off or cutting coils out of the shocks would overstress the internals of the shock and cause them to prematurely fail. The internal pistons, etc. are only designed to compress to a certain point. Have you noticed any negative side effects?

I've used the lowering blocks before, but the best and most reliable way, although more expensive, is to order a set of shorter shocks, normally Progressive. Of course, the customer had $350 to blow, I personally don't. But if you could find a decent motorcycle junkyard, you may be able to find some shorter shocks off of a junked bike.

Comment

Cutting the springs is a bad idea. When you finaly get them cut enough to see a substantial drop of at least 2 in, they wiggle off the spring perch and they handling is terrible/dangerous. Then the shock blows out and your back to square one. Lowing blocks are good only if you don't have a disc brake because the shock hits it when the shock is layed out. best is to find a set of shocks 2 in. shorter. I have Suzuki Savage shocks on my 550e. works great. They are 10.5 inchs exactly and really stiff.

Comment

Working...
            X