bigger fairing for my 83 GS750E??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crc1214
    Retrex, that's a damned good idea - but I don't have any fabrication experience whatsoever and I don't have the equipment to boot.

I'm trying to decide whether to go the cafe fairing route or try to find a used shield from one of the "ES" models. They come up a bit higher than my "E" shield, and I'm pretty sure it will fit the fairing.

Can anyone confirm that an ES shield will fit an E's fairing?

Chad

The ES windscreen won't fit on the E-model fairing - completely different shape.

But complete ES upper fairings come up on eBay fairly often.

If you're going to go the cafe-fairing route, you might want to look into changing your bars. The ~3" rise on the factory bars might get in the way of the cutouts in the fairing. I can't recall on mine - I swapped to clip-ons before I installed the fairing.

Any 37mm clip-ons will work - just make sure the bars themselves are long enough for your controls. I started with a pair of factory clip-ons from a Honda CBR600F Hurricane (F1) - they worked, but the bars were so short that the throttle grip would hang up on the bar end. I found a pair of fully adjustable Telefix clip-ons used on eBay for about $35.00 ($175.00 new), and just scored a pair of Daytona vintage clip-ons for about the same price.

Just thought I'd throw that out - check your bar height before you decide on a fairing. Fully adjustable clip-ons are great - you can go from cafe-crouch to touring posture in about 30 seconds with an allen wrench....

-Q!

Comment

Working...
    X