1100GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100GK

So im looking at this 82 GS1100GK for sale. I really wanted something smaller (body wise, not engine wise) Basically I was wanting to clean it up and simplify it, no matter what model I was getting. This is shaftdrive of course and it has all the bags and trunk and stuff on it. I know those parts are somewhat hard to come buy and If I get this I will sell them. I just want to check if the seats from the non fairing bikes will fit on the frame (same frame?) also, what is the difference on the tranny from the shaft drive bikes to the chain bikes.

Thanks in advance, BTW this is a really great page, ive already learned so much.

I don't know the answer to your question but I'd like to invite you to
    Join us for the: 2nd Annual GS Suzuki National Convention
    It will be held at Roaring River State Park (camp ground 2) July 29th through August 6th
    Roaring River State Park is located in the south western corner of Missiouri

Comment

ill have to go to that. I will have a GS motor in something sometime im sure anyway. Was thinking about a rigid bobber would be cool with a gs1100 motor in it.

Comment

I think the lock location is different on the GK seat from the others I'll know for sure Saturday when I pick up the GL from b717doc, and I'll let you know. If you do take the bags and fairing off let me know I may be interested in them. As far as the tranny, I don't think there is much difference between the shaft and chain other then the out put. Not real sure about that though, maybe some one can correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

GK luggage

I have a 82 GL1100 and I recently purchased a set of GK luggage and fairing that I am planning to install in the spring when I get my bike out of storage. I believe the GL seat key will be tough to get to with the trunk mounted on the back. Does any one else know if that is the only problem or will I need to modify the mounting hardware to fit my model? If I cant use them I will sell them to a GS owner who can.

Comment

Rotary,
            My bike is the product of mixing GS1100G & GK parts. I too chose to toss the saddle bags. Makes for a good look. I decided to go with the seat from the G model. Snaps right in. Makes the tail of the bike more sleek. I also mounted smaller, shorter stalked turn signals on the rear to round things out. After hitting the bike with some paint, people often mistake it for a BMW at first glance.
            Tranny is the same on G & GK's. However, final drive is geared lower on the GK. I went with the G final drive.

sae3231,
            You'll have to make mods to mount the GK faring. Your bike won't have anchor points for the brackets. Probably the same goes for the bags.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I also swapped out the GK bucket seat on favor of the standard G model flat seat. They are interchangeable; same pan.

Just a suggestion, but unless you are getting a super good deal on the GK why not wait until something you really prefer comes along? It is always tricky to try changing the "purpose" of a bike. There is always the chance you could sink more time and money into it than the bike you wanted would have cost and still not be happy with it.

That said if you do decide to go that route, I might be interested in the luggage set up. Mine went away on an unmarked curve in Ocala National Forest.
              Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

this bike wil be $750, I decided thats a prett good deal

Comment

If it's a runner, $750 is a great deal.

Plus you can sell the luggage to one of the guys interested and your net cost is even better.

But, you might want to ride the bike for a while with the luggage first.

You might grow to like it.

The Suzuki GK is perhaps the best low-cost (by comparison with Gold Wings and Beemers, etc.) long distance comfortable, reliable, factory touring package ever built.

Comment

nahh, im not old enough for bags yet

If I cant carry it on my back i dont need it

Comment

Working...
                    X