Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still possible to find spray cans of laquer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still possible to find spray cans of laquer???

Looking everywhere, all I can find is black, clear and white, looking for a bright red. Want to use laquer, as per:

Anyone spray-bomb thier GS lately? Don't want to go enamel but I'm almost done sanding, it's time....
    Here's the before picture:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Too late, it's Krylon now....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Looks good! As far as laquer goes, I can't remember when I last saw it in a can.

Hap

Comment

Most automtive paint shops can put just about any type of paint you want in a spray can except for those requiring a catalyst.

Comment

Once again, Billy comes to the rescue!

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
            Most automtive paint shops can put just about any type of paint you want in a spray can except for those requiring a
            Belive it or not, R-M Diamont (BASF) just started making a two-part clear in a spray bomb...It has a small charge of the catalyst in the can. You press a button under the can, shake it up and you're ready to spray.

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
              Looks good! As far as laquer goes, I can't remember when I last saw it in a can.

Hap
              Or in a gallon can for that matter...It's pretty much obsolete. In the old days, laquer had lead in it to make it more durable...By the early 90's, it had little or no lead, so it wouldn't last anyway. Plus the high VOC output has forced the EPA to crack down on it. Basf, Dupont, all the biggies no longer produce it for automotive use.
              The furnature industry is the only major laquer user these days. It's not really used in body shops anymore.
              Even the custom guys are using basecoat now. Laquer requires way too much work compared to the new paint systems. Besides that, the first time it gets some fuel on it...

Comment

the touch up paints at autozone is lacquer base paints in a spray can some times if you go to an old paint shop they might have some in the back that you can pick up cheap because they can't sell it :twisted: I my self got 2 gallons of diamond black lacquer

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind
                  Belive it or not, R-M Diamont (BASF) just started making a two-part clear in a spray bomb...It has a small charge of the catalyst in the can. You press a button under the can, shake it up and you're ready to spray.

Where might one find a retail outlet that sells this??

Comment

Originally posted by beby99
                    Originally posted by 8trackmind

Where might one find a retail outlet that sells this??
                    A automotive paint distributor, or a local jobber that sels BASF paint will have it. The part # is AM2100.
                    Dupont or PPG may also make a version of this too, but I don't sell either of those lines.

Comment

Thanks 8trackmind....you would'nt happen to have a website for this
                      product??? I searched but could not find any info.

Comment

Originally posted by beby99
                        Thanks 8trackmind....you would'nt happen to have a website for this
                        product??? I searched but could not find any info.
                        Go here https://www.basfrefinish.com/cgi-bin...ectAction=Home

Or here...
                        https://www.basfrefinish.com/cgi-bin/capbsm/java/ListLiterature.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@0094677280.1137 164226@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccaddgjgjfgimcefecgefdgjh dfmo.0&itemParentName=Press_|_Releases&itemName=&e d_index=0&ed_oid=699525&page_number=1

Comment

Cool...thanks much.

Comment

Working...
                          X