X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little fairing

Hello fellow GS maniacs,

I'm new and french canadian so don't bother me with the writing!! :P

I have a GS 750E 1984 with that huge 8 inch roung headlight and I want to put a little fairing that would fit that big lantern. I tought about the Buell Blast headlight fairing just to have a sporty look and wind of my chest a little bit. Do you think it could fit?? Do you have any other suggestions that looks like it??

I really appreciate it, thx a bunch guys!

Whatever idea you get i will steal. i have the same problem. Buell blast eh. i will try to find one to look at.

How new are you at being a French Canadian?????

BTW welcome

Comment

Welcome,

I too have a 1984 GS750 with the large train headlight. The Buell fairings would be a good place to start looking. What colour is your 750?

Kevan
      GS750
      183,000kms

Comment

Welcome to the GSR. Have you looked into the Airtech Wes Cooley replica? Also, Rifle has some nice looking sport fairings. Have you looked at the gsers map? http://www.risingconcepts.com/frapper/gsersThis is pretty cool. Ray
        "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
        GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
        1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
        1979 GS1000SN The new hope
        1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

i know where you can get a wes cooley stlye fairing custom made for about 100 bucks that will fit over your big head light. pm me if intrested.

-ryan
          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
          82 Kat 1000 Project
          05 CRF450x
          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

The fairing on this bike is a trimmed down GS1150 fairing mounted bikini style. Airtech sells replicas of it or watch Ebay for one. The 1150 had the 8" headlight so this will definitely fit the bill.

This is one of my favorite bikes and the owner is a regular here by the name of solo suzuki, aka Claude. He's a great guy and I'm sure he'll be happy to share the details. I have an 1150 fairing I plan on doing something similar with.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
              The fairing on this bike is a trimmed down GS1150 fairing mounted bikini style. Airtech sells replicas of it or watch Ebay for one. The 1150 had the 8" headlight so this will definitely fit the bill.

This is one of my favorite bikes and the owner is a regular here by the name of solo suzuki, aka Claude. He's a great guy and I'm sure he'll be happy to share the details. I have an 1150 fairing I plan on doing something similar with.
              I'm totally with Billy on this one - one of my very favorites. I may bring mine a little closer to this over time. I've also got an immaculate black and red 1150 fairing in my attic and I'm just looking for the time.

Most important part on this bike is that Claude lives in Montreal like you (one of my favorite places in the world - not your suburbs though - they're as hideous as ours.
              "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Gee...Thanks Guys

the check's in the mail

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
                  How new are you at being a French Canadian?????

Comment

OMAR's has one kinda pricey though.. ehh it's only money

Comment

Thanks a bunch guys.

I love the idea of the trimmed gs1150 fairing, but too much work for me.

I'm gonna try the Buell Blast fairing and keep you posted everybody.

My bike is a GS750E 1984 red (and a bit of white thanks to the sun), 83000k, original all the way except for the #?"%/*$%$$$$$ rectifier and alternator that I change for a Honda.

See ya on the road (not today -19 C in Montreal today 8) )

Comment

Working...
                      X