Project GS550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project GS550

Hey folks, i was ask by one of your members (well our member,i joined up LOL) to post the work i've done to my GS550. I figured what i'll do is paste a link to the previous work then post the rest as i go. I hope everybody likes what i've done so far and thanks.

Last edited by Guest; 04-11-2007, 09:09 PM.

Looks great so far.

Also, welcome to the forum.

Comment

Looks like that'll be a first on here. Keep up the good ideas. Lets see it when it flows better. How'd you mod the subframe to accept the tail?

Comment

Here is a pic of what i did to support the tail section. You can see everything i done up to now on this link. http://www.bikedogz.com/roadhouse/vi...p?t=61&start=0
        I'll start to post the rest of the project here as well.

Last edited by Guest; 04-11-2007, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Rock on buddy. Your modernized 550 looks sweet man 8)

Comment

Cool!
            I want to know all about that front end swap! I want to do that to My550.
            Can I pic you're brain when the time (and the $$$)comes?

Comment

Nice mods! Do you know you have to lubricate your chain sometimes?

Comment

I am with 8track, I would like to know how much effort the front end swap was. It is such a neat idea. Once again when the time and $$$ come together. And I don't even have my bike back together yet. A katana 600 swingarm would be nice too.

Looks cool.

Dave

Comment

Dude, your bike rocks!!! I'm not sure I like the GSXR tail, but we will have to wait and see when it is done. The Katana front end looks like it was made to be there, and the beefy rear swingarm and extended wheelbase looks awsome.

Did the Katana front end bolt right up or did you have to modify the tripple tree? I would love to have that setup on mine, just for the braking alone.

Comment

Thanks again everybody, i appreciate all the positive and negative feed back!!! Now for questions......

Did the Katana front end bolt right up?
                    Yes, the only thing i had to do make it mesh was removing the lower cup on the neck and replacing it with the Katana bearing assembly the upper half works just fine.

As for the tail section.......
                    I was gonna go with the traditional cafe tail section and it looks like some of you guys look at the same site (www.omarsdtr.com). But then i got to thinking what about a sportbike tail section, cause really nobody has that set up, at least not yet. And it's starting to wear on me the more i look at it. But trust me it looks alot better in person LOL!!!

I have no problems chatting with everybody about bikes, it's my passion and don't hold back with anything you want to say. Thats why im here to talk bikes. And this is a awsome site with awsome members.

Comment

Originally posted by robinjo
                      Nice mods! Do you know you have to lubricate your chain sometimes?
                      HEY!!! You were'nt soppose to see that LOL!!!

Comment

You got a pic of that '75 GT550 to share???

Comment

Smoke dog, Looks like you have the skill and eye to turn out a nice looking bike. That thing is going to be /smokin'. Ray
                          "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                          GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                          1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                          1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                          1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

I am a little confused on the rear wheel fitment. I haven't taken any measurements on my bike, but if I stretch my stock swingarm I should have room for a five inch wheel? How hard was it to line up the sprockets? BTW I LOVE your bike.
                            thanks for the motivation and inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind
                              You got a pic of that '75 GT550 to share???

Actually these are the only pics i have of my GT550 and it's my first street bike!!! I had just bought the Katana when i took these pics. Right now i have the motor apart, tore up a lower rod bearing. So i figured i would get the crank lightened and balanced.

Comment

Working...
                              X