anotomy of a streetfighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anotomy of a streetfighter

Start with my original 79 GS100E and strip it down to the frame , chop off the subframe and weld in some bits and pieces to monoshock it
    Last edited by Guest; 02-05-2006, 02:38 PM.

then I made custom triple trees and put a GSXR 1100 front end and a gsxr rear end , but I have a load of pictures but have no clue how to upload the things..
    Needless to say it is going to be a very minimalist ride with a small seat and no subframe..
    So if you want to see the pics I can e-mail them to someone who could then stick them up here.
    I have had the bike 17 yrs and rode it stock and then decided to do major surgery on the beast. My goal is to have it on the road for Laconia bike week
    Last edited by Guest; 02-05-2006, 02:41 PM.

Comment

here is the triple trees I made on a band saw and used a boring hole saw for the holes to accept the gixxer fork legs , I'm not a fan of polishing and they willl stay the way they are and the whole bike is getting painted in a gloriuos coat of Matt black

Comment

another pic with the fork legs attached
        Last edited by Guest; 02-05-2006, 02:57 PM.

Comment

effin sweet, I dig it.

Comment

So far so awsome!!! And the tree looks great as well!!!

Comment

Keep goin'. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Comment

That is going to be one awesome looking bike.

Keep the pics coming.

Comment

Nice Job, Love the tripple trees.
                  Ill be interested to see what you do with your SUBFRAME

Comment

Looks like my kind of Gs

Comment

Originally posted by joe.d
                      Nice Job, Love the tripple trees.
                      Ill be interested to see what you do with your SUBFRAME

No subframe ,just a small seat coming from the tabs that I welded on the frame and the rear light will hang under the seat . the rear light is from an RC51 with integrated turn signals so smaller is better.
                      The front headlight is an old world war 2 gas mask that I epoxyed to make it really ridgid and there are 2 piaa lights in where the eyes would be , sort of Rob Zombie meets Mad Max type of thing..
                      I have had the bike in my mind for years and have finally got around to putting it together..
                      another pic with the seat and handlebars

Comment

Brilliant.

Email the pictures to sidd@yak.net and I'll either dump them in a web directory or post them to the board

Any more info on the boring saw you used to make the tripple?

Comment

Zombie, your work looks really clean and solid. With the tree and swingarm you've given it coupled with your choice of paint it is goint to have a real industrial look to it. Awesome man! =D>

Comment

Looks awesome, can't wait to see the finished product. Cheers!

Comment

I love it. keep the pictures flowing. and the fingers!!!

a real chopper.

-KM

Comment

Working...
                              X