No announcement yet.

anotomy of a streetfighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zombie, are you responsible for the other bikes I've seen in Street Fighter Magazine that have gas mask headlight setups?

Comment

Originally posted by sidd
      Zombie, are you responsible for the other bikes I've seen in Street Fighter Magazine that have gas mask headlight setups?
      nope but thats where I got me inspiration from. I have every copy of streetfighter from the beginning and it had been invaluable for what I'm doing and the gas mask thing came from an older gpz1100 rat fighter that was really well done and my bike is loosely based on that .
      I've built old brit choppers back in the day but can't ride a hardtail anymore

Comment

zombie nice bike looks bad ass can we see some pics of the headlight. Also you have any brit parts or chopper parts im building a bsa chopper a65 model , looking for some forks or an oiltank, other chopper goodies that might want o get rid of. thanks keep up the good work badass bike.

Comment

Originally posted by zombie
          here is the triple trees I made on a band saw and used a boring hole saw for the holes ...............
          Simply awesome. This is the best thing I have read on this perhaps any MB.

Comment

I attempting something similar with a 79 750. I found that a Hurricane 600 rear will fit nicely and is relatively cheap, so I want to try that. What swing arm and shock did you use? Did you attatch it the the frame where the center stand used to be? Sorry for all the questions, it's just right up my alley.

Future plans include a single sided swimg arm if I can get one to fit. clip-ons, gsxr front end, TL1000 rear cowling, 81 GS1100 tank, under tail exhaust similar to an MV Augusta, and anything else I think up along the way.

Comment

Nice Job . . . . excellent work

Comment

Originally posted by katanarama
                Simply awesome. This is the best thing I have read on this perhaps any MB.
                Having said that, this is a great looking bike. Cant wait to see the finished product.

Comment

my mates gsxr fighter

Comment

^ hah, that way you can give it a little nitrous if you ate your beans earlier

Comment

Chazz, that is, uhh..... "interesting". Certainly unique.

Zombie, I'm jones'n to see more! How is your bike coming along?

Comment

been in Daytona and just getting back, the bike heads to me mates on tuesday for more fettling with the ride height on the rear shock and sorting out the bushings for the swingarm. Electrical gubbins will be sorted and I'll post up pics in a couple of weeks. Just finished home made rear sets so I'll post a couple of pics..
                        Stay Tuned

Comment

very nice so far

(to the thread starter)

Comment

[QUOTE=fat_sac]I What swing arm and shock did you use? Did you attatch it the the frame where the center stand used to be? Sorry for all the questions, it's just right up my alley.

swing arm and shock are early 90'ish GSXR 1100 and the shock linkage will mount where the center stand would have been
                            cheers

Comment

Originally posted by chazz
                              my mates gsxr fighter
                              Talk about split personalities.. So is it a chopper or fighter... Its BOTH!

Comment

what about headlights? I already have a square headlight and brackets, but I think it might look funny, I've only seen it done once. I really want a set of dual rounds, but I don't want to spend a couple hundred on them. Does anyone know of a place to get 3-4" round headlights for cheap?

Comment

Working...
                                X