No announcement yet.

anotomy of a streetfighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zombie! As we say here in Boston "That thing is wicked pi$$a"!
    Excellent workmanship!

Say, is the nice man waving to us in the picture you????

Comment

Originally posted by mach
      Zombie! As we say here in Boston "That thing is wicked pi$$a"!
      Excellent workmanship!

Say, is the nice man waving to us in the picture you????
      oooh Boston , me I'm down on cape cod and that handsome devil in the pic would be me
      I will be posting pics as soon as my new digital camera arrives .
      I have the rear sets all sorted and a brace for me seat , still not 100% sure on the headlight set up so I might rethink that..
      The motor has the electrex alternator and rectifier and dyna igntion with dyna coils.
      Wires are nology hot wires which work really well and give an awesome burn rate for the plugs
      carbs have been re-jetted and K&N air pods put on.
      Exhaust is being tossed about right now as i havent decided what to do

Comment

Well after a lay off from bikes this spring and summer due to having a torn disc in my bike , I'm now on the mend and will be working on the bike again in the next month or so.
        I have to rethink the triple trees as they won't work and will make the bike really unstable and it'll handle like a loaf of bread or so I've been told by my mate the engineer.. bollox
        Anyhow I have acquired all the bits and bobs I need including a new gixxer 750 front end with triple trees and front wheel and a rear wheel to go with it.
        I have also tore the rear end apart again to make it stronger and attempt to get the right ride height for the rear shock..
        I'm learning a lot about setting the thing up right as I really want it work as well as it will look , so it's worth doing right
        I'll post new pics of the build once it gets going again

Comment

Originally posted by zombie View Post
          I have to rethink the triple trees as they won't work and will make the bike really unstable and it'll handle like a loaf of bread or so I've been told by my mate the engineer.. bollox
          i'm curious as to why he feels that way... as long as the frame geometry is the same (which it is) it shouldn't mess anything up

with less rake it would be unstable, with more rake it would be bread loafy...

Comment

Thread revival - what's the status of this beast???:-D

Comment

Johnnay, Thanks for bumping this thing. I missed it before.
              Spots, It messes up the trail, not the rake.
              Zombie, Have you checked out The Chopper Underground Forum? There is a street fighter section there and those guys would love to see that bike.

P.S.
              The Chopper Underground magazine is defunct. Don't place an order because you will get ripped off. The forum has nothing to do with the magazine.

Comment

brief update

Me beasty is undergoing surgery right now and all it's bits have been chopped off
                A good friend has jumped on the project with me and is teaching me about stuff like ride height and proper setup (he used to work on AMA superbike teams ) . Amazing what a little knowledge will do for ya.
                The rear end has been cut up again and proper rear shock set up will be achieved along with front end being sorted.
                You never know what you don't know until some one smarter comes along and sez nice bike laddie but it's not going to work and then walks away laughing , so for his attempted mockery of my small talent he has been brought on board
                Seriously tho my learning curve has been steep and everything is starting to make sense now.
                My background in bike building has been building hard tail choppers where it's all form over function and the basics were two wheels a frame an engine and gas tank and you were all set .. here's a pic of an chop I built many many years ago

So after the holidays is when the big push will be and I'll post a bunch of pics for you all to see then
                cheers mick
                Last edited by Guest; 12-10-2006, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Sweet, waiting with baited breath...
                  Currently bikeless
                  '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                  '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                    A lot of us are!

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                      Same here - that bike's going to be sweet!

Comment

Sweet chop!
                        Is that a BSA?
                        I'm dying to build a 60's style parallel twin chop.

The streetfighter bike looks great, too. Another request to keep this thread updated. Wouldn't mind more pictures of previous bikes, either.

Comment

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but i'm loving this bike! Any update zombie? I read the last post you made, but it was back in 06....

Comment

I like it too, would love to see some updated photos.

Comment

back again fellas after a long layoff
                              I rode my triumph tiger to the artic circle and back so that took all my time and work has been nuts.
                              I'll updatet this thread with pics in the next couple of weeks
                              so stay tuned to this spot

Comment

update please?

Comment

Working...
                                X