Protector for bottom edge of tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protector for bottom edge of tank

I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this one, but I was getting tired of dings on the bottom edge of the tank of my 80 1100E. Most of them were caused by not removing the tank for mainenance and dinging it with a wrench.

I found some rubber door guards at Advance Auto for about $3. They come in packages of 2 27" lengths and are self adhesive. It looks pretty decent and keeps the edge intact.

I have seen that once before on a bike and was thinking of trying it.I always take my tank of to work on the bike so I have no dings on it.Its the original paint job and I dont want to repaint it.http://photobucket.com/albums/c30/tconroy/

Comment

Wow!

tconroy,

WOW, what a beautiful bike you have there!

Comment

My mom's boyfriends put door molding on his Shadow gas tank and it looks pretty sharp. I'm looking to put it around the bottom lip of my tank after I replace the Cylinder cover this week.

Comment

Thanks ddaum,Im proud of it and of course love to show it off.Its all original parts and paint and has always been in the garage covered up when not in use and never leaves the garage if its going to rain. i just bought new intake o-rings and boots and fuel line to put on it,oh yea some highway pegs also.It has a lot more chrome than those pics now too.Cant wait to take more pics to post!!!!Im getting it ready for the 2nd gs convention at roaring river in June

Comment

Working...
          X