'77 GS750 Lowered Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'77 GS750 Lowered Suspension

I just bought a 1977 GS750 and was wondering if there is any aftermarket parts or something I could do to lower my rear suspension??? and if i lower the rear, do i have to lower the front suspension?

I have some lowering blocks for sale. 30.oo or make an offer, lowers the rear about 2 incjes.

Comment

You can lower your forks if you want. I did, just about 3/4" I wanted the bike to sit level. But that is up to you.:-D

Comment

Kudos

I have veen riding,admiring,looking at,and customizing my 2 wheeled vehicles for a long time.I must say your bike is one of the most beautiful bikes i have ever seen.I aint jokin'.
        future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the kudos Ron,I am very pleased on how it turned out myself.:-D

Comment

Tracy,

VERY sweet bike. I had an 81 750EX before I got my current '82 1100E, but it never looked anywhere near that good!
            Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

tracy, how did you paint that rear fender ? i presume it was chrome, so how did you prep. it ?...b.b.

Comment

paint

Originally posted by bobo
                tracy, how did you paint that rear fender ? i presume it was chrome, so how did you prep. it ?...b.b.
                It was, along with the front fender I had them bead blasted years ago when I had it painted the first time. They were prepped,primed then painted.I wanted the colors to flow from front to back,the more color the better.Thanks for the compliments guys.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful...I would be proud to own this bike.

Just curious, did you paint the engine? How did you accomplish the aluminum polishing?

Comment

Originally posted by odl777
                    I have some lowering blocks for sale. 30.oo or make an offer, lowers the rear about 2 incjes.
                    Whould you please post some pics of them? Here in Argentina you can't get those things from a local dealer (indeed, there is just a few original things you can get here for any 80' bike).
                    My idea is to copy them in stainless steel or any other resistant metal.
                    Do you have any problems with the weel touching the rear fender? Is there any lock for the springs or shock absorbers to prevent it? If you have them, please post photographs. Thanks! Emanuel

Comment

Originally posted by jlmoulto
                      Absolutely beautiful...I would be proud to own this bike.

Just curious, did you paint the engine? How did you accomplish the aluminum polishing?
                      Thank You jlmoulto,I am proud of the way it has come out. No, the engine is black from the factory,the GS750T models were painted black in 1982 and 1983's. I used sanding blocks to sand off the clear coat from the aluminum. Then I used a dremel with polishing and buffing attachments to buff out the aluminum and chrome. I used rubbing compound and a lot of Mothers polishing compound. And of course,alot of elbow grease.:-D

Comment

do your pipes or centerstand hit on speed bumps did anyone take them and will they fit gs 850 L

Comment

Do you hit on either the pipes or centerstand when lowered
                          Do you still have the blocks
                          Will they fit a GS 850 L

Comment

Originally posted by rda738
                            Do you hit on either the pipes or centerstand when lowered
                            Do you still have the blocks
                            Will they fit a GS 850 L
                            The pipe will drag if you are not careful when pulling out of a steep drive or over a speed bump. I usually ride around anything I can instead of riding over it.Yes, the lowering blocks are still on the bike.If your bike is not a shaft drive they will probably fit.:-D

Comment

Working...
                            X