What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by graymulligan
    I like it...how bad was the fab work on the lights? They look almost "factory"ish.
    That's because you can't see where I left the original brackets below the lights..hehe, just don't get too close.

It wasn't that hard because I'm easily satisfied.

They originally had a bracket across the top. I removed the little adjustment screws and bent the back 90* and twisted them so they were horizontal(yellow boxes). Then I used a longer bolt through the gauge mounts and fastened them down using a large fender washer. To hold the headlight to the bracket, The top center is a ball joint and the bottom I just bolted directly down to the frame (red square).

Adjustment is simply holding the frame below the lights and bending it either up or down. They do give a weird pattern but they work quite well. I did have a problem with water though. Was fine until I put in the good Silverstar bulb, two days later it rains and it broke a $20 bulb instead of the crap $5 one. But now I have more electrical tape underneath the rubber boot to try and keep water out.

PS and yes I only run one, mostly because I haven't gotten a harness to connect the second bulb to run a back up.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-08-2006, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Looks very slick. Nice job.

Comment

Nice

That's exactly what I wanted to do. Looks really nice.

Comment

really looks good, even with the old bracket on it. It doesn't look "out of place", and its not real noticeable.

Nice work.

Comment

Looks cool! IMHO, some superbike or similar (lower) bars would set them off well. I think using dualies on a GS would require both h'light bulbs to be lower wattage....I doubt the electrical system would support 2 55/60 bulbs together?

Tony.
            '82 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq
              Looks cool! IMHO, some superbike or similar (lower) bars would set them off well. I think using dualies on a GS would require both h'light bulbs to be lower wattage....I doubt the electrical system would support 2 55/60 bulbs together?

Tony.
              I'm not sure of how to change the bars on my bike. It's not one piece of tubing, it's more of clip-ons w/ risers. It think.

Comment

Working...
              X