Ok, I need tech advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I need tech advice.

My twisted '79 750 project. I am looking at going with a late model gx'r rear end, not that big a deal. What about wheels though? If I do the 03 Gx'r wheels and an 03 swing arm, will the 03 front wheel fit the GS750 forks?

Search for gsxr swaps. There is a ton of info on the subject. Your 03 front end is a poor choice, though. It's too short and the bearings are wrong.

Check out http://www.oldskoolsuzuki.info/ They have tons of stuff on modifying old GS'e and GSXR's.....

Comment

One thing I'm really considering doing is keeping the stock forks b/c they most importantly fit, and b/c they are already dual caliper. I think putting a newer gsxr front end is going a bit too far when I can just valve and rebuild the dual caliper fronts that are already on there. I've talked to race builders in my area just doin the ole hangin out at other ppl's shops and they've all told me the frame isn't built to handle what a late model front end can put out. I'm wondering if I aftermarket brace the forks, and brace the frame some, will I get the same performance as if I spent the money to put a late model front end on it? If I stick with the GS stuff, what wheels can I use?

Comment

Working...
      X