The finished "Road Clam" bike pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The finished "Road Clam" bike pics

Well, it's 99.9% finished. I just need to tweak the fit of the vintage fairing just a bit to get the windscreen to look even. The Ford Cobra metallic burgandy paint looks spectacular in the sun. The pics in my basement do absolutely no justice to the vividness of the paint. I think my "old school/new school superbike" theme came out just the way I wanted. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Guest; 05-19-2006, 04:56 PM.

Great Job!!

8O 8O 8O
    HOLY MOLEY!!
    Duuuuuude, that's gunna turn some heads!
    Nice job!
    Let's see some outside pics, oh, and submit for Cover photo of the month...

Comment

Dang! That thing looks too nice to ride! But you need to get in the Meetingplace forum and join some of the local rides that are forming up this year!
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Holy Crap!

Now that is a great looking bike, the paint... the pipes (I really like the pipes) and it is so clean & sleek looking...

If you ever get a chance to take a pic without the fairing, please post it, because I am a really big fan of the 1100's.

Comment

Nice...that paint makes it look fast just sitting there. 8)

Comment

Very nice.
              Even with the silver motor;-) :razz: ,just kidding.
              You did a hell of a sweet job
              Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
              2000 Kawasaki Concours
              Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Absolutely Awesome Friend!!!:-d 8-) 8-)
                One Beautiful Beast you have there!!
                Last edited by Guest; 03-31-2006, 10:28 AM.

Comment

The bike looks great man!8)
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler
                    Very nice.
                    Even with the silver motor;-) :razz: ,just kidding.
                    Ohhhh, the agony of internet comments, you make me cry. Therefore in retailiation to your "blackish" comments, I will be forced to stuff you in the first corner at about 70 mph when we ride up (or down) the Route 1A "coastal" road that connects Hampton to Portsmouth. Be prepared to eat some "shoulder sand" LOL
                    Rich

Comment

Sweet! Like the wheels

Comment

Nice job.:-D
                        Tell me more about the paint.

Comment

My Goodness, that's nice. The wheels really set it off. Ray
                          "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                          GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                          1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                          1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                          1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Thanks guys!!
                            The paint is '04 or '05 factory Ford Mustang Cobra "Red Fire" burgandy metallic, that closely mimics the stock GS1100E color. It does however have a deeper "wine" colored hue, and has a more vivid metallic presance (when in the sun). In a dark room, it really looks no different than the stock color. I think only a true GS guru, will be able to tell the paint isn't stock.

As for the wheels, I completely blasted the black paint off, then polished the rim perimeter, and then emery "brushed" the tops of the casted "webs" . Then clear coated the wheels. I personally think they look awesome. I prefer a "brushed" machined look to my bikes components, as opposed to highly polished (and it's FAR less time consuming)
                            Last edited by Guest; 10-06-2006, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by crag antler
                              Very nice.
                              Even with the silver motor :razz: ,just kidding.

I was gonna say that. It's not often that a silver motor looks 1/2 as good on the 1100E's. This one however looks about 3/4 as good as the black motors!!! :-P
                              Currently bikeless
                              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
                              X