chrome polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chrome polish

With spring upon us I have been working on the cosmetics of my bikes. This is new for me. I have had pretty good luck cleaning up cases and paint but now I want to move in on the wire spoked wheels of my 77 GS750B. any recomendations on how to get and keep them sparkling?

I use autosol, a bit expensive but it goes a long way. Ted

Comment

I will second the Autosol - it is far better than any of the others I have tried.

Comment

Originally posted by JHawkins
        I will second the Autosol - it is far better than any of the others I have tried.
        Can you guys look and see if the Autosol says it is ok to use on black chrome? I got some Mothers chrome polish in a bottle, but it is too gentle. I also have some Mothers polish that is a paste that works awesome on chrome chrome, but it says not to use on black chrome. Where do you buy Autosol?
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Black Chrome

Not sure about the good ol' U S of A, but almost all of the auto parts dealers in Canada stock it. If you have black chrome be aware that it might be scratched by autosol. You might want to try "Silvo" which is the silver polish brand of "brasso". If you have any shops in your area that deal with custom bikes or cars drop in and ask about this. Over the years I've asked a multitude of questions from dozens of shops and always found the people helpful, and made a lot of new friends in the process. Ask, listen and learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
            Can you guys look and see if the Autosol says it is ok to use on black chrome? I got some Mothers chrome polish in a bottle, but it is too gentle. I also have some Mothers polish that is a paste that works awesome on chrome chrome, but it says not to use on black chrome. Where do you buy Autosol?
            I will try to have a look at the tube when I go home. I use the paste that comes in a little metal tube. I just get it at the local car shop. Dad has some autosol that is liquid and is less invasive than the paste.

Comment

Thanks

I will look for autosol

RG

Comment

Working...
              X