Windjammer fairing headlamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windjammer fairing headlamp

Hi. I'm all set to install a Windjammer II fairing ca. 1974 on my 1982 Suzuki gs850G. The problem is the headlight lamp from the Suzuki won't work with the fairing. On the fairing, the 'frame' that holds the lamp has three tabs and it looks like the lamp gets rotated into place. Is anyone familiar with the type of lamp I would need for this fairing? I looked into using the frame from the bike but it doesn't look like it's going to work.

Thanks

Originally posted by vejesse
    Hi. I'm all set to install a Windjammer II fairing ca. 1974 on my 1982 Suzuki gs850G. The problem is the headlight lamp from the Suzuki won't work with the fairing. On the fairing, the 'frame' that holds the lamp has three tabs and it looks like the lamp gets rotated into place. Is anyone familiar with the type of lamp I would need for this fairing? I looked into using the frame from the bike but it doesn't look like it's going to work.

Thanks
    It takes ring that comes with the original fairing, that lines up with the 3 tabs then rotates clockwise with a clicking/locking action taking place. Check salvage yards an ebay for a Vetter chrome headlite ring. Might be hard to find.

Comment

Hi

It looks like I've got the parts- the inner and outer rings that come with the fairing. I looked on Ebay and I don't have the newer, black plastic headlight bucket. It looks like this fairing uses an older, all metal bucket and ring(s). Would I be able to just buy a headlight lamp that would fit a motorcycle from 1973-74? My 1982 headlight will not bolt into the ring on the fairing, but Idon't know which lamp will fit. Anybody know?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by vejesse
        It looks like I've got the parts- the inner and outer rings that come with the fairing. I looked on Ebay and I don't have the newer, black plastic headlight bucket. It looks like this fairing uses an older, all metal bucket and ring(s). Would I be able to just buy a headlight lamp that would fit a motorcycle from 1973-74? My 1982 headlight will not bolt into the ring on the fairing, but Idon't know which lamp will fit. Anybody know?

Thanks.
        The headlite that came with the bike will work,(not the L model as its headlite is smaller than a standard G/E ect.)just remove the headlite from the chrome ring and such as came with the original bike setup. then the headlite just sits in the fairings bucket,put the ring on your arm,place headlite in bucket,while holding lite in bucket ( there are 3 bumps on the headlite that line up with slots in the bucket)slide the ring to the bucket line up the tabs, rotate clockwise till it clicks. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X