Aluminum paint rattle can recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aluminum paint rattle can recommendation

Can anyone recommend a can of aluminum colored paint I can use. I want to touch up the starter motor cover which is starting to rust.

While on the subject.. any tips on removing that cover? Is it just one bolt holding it on? Do I have to pull the carbs?

on my bike (82 GS1100) its just 2 bolts holding it in. pretty easy to remove.

Comment

use plasticote engine aluminum, then hit it with plasticote clear engine enamel over the aluminum. looks like factory paint and lasts.

Comment

Wow you guys are fast!!

Any tips of who might carry the spray paint? Automotive parts places?

I can see the first (outside bolt) on the cover, I guess I'll have to wiggle my
        huge hands in there to get to the other bolt. Not as much room in there on a
        550 motor.

Comment

I guess Im used to working on japanese cars and bikes. The Clymer says to remove the carbs to adjust the cam chain tensioner. I do it while the bike is running

Comment

Use a 1/4" rachet with a 8mm socket to make it easier for the inside bolt.Ted

Comment

Use the Hi-Temp stuff (local auto parts store). It will hold up to grease and
              oil better than regular paint.

Comment

i use alloy wheel paint on my engine cheaper and a better finish

Comment

got plasti-kote aluminum engine paint & clear

results are awesome..

Comment

Working...
                  X