GS850GN Muffler holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS850GN Muffler holes

I have GS850GN and there are a few holes in the mufflers and i am in the bahamas so it much harder for me to get ahold of muffler patching kits and all that stuff,The hole are visible and i want to patch them and keep the chrome on them so it does not make it look too bad,any recommendations or tips?

Thanks,Jo

Where in the muffler are the holes? Header or megaphone? Are they stock pipes?

If the holes are in the header, you should replace the header no matter what. You could do damage to the exhaust valves, cams and/or cam seats by getting to much air on decompression cycles. Either that or get some header wrap and sealant.

If the holes are in the megaphone or canister, I can't think of anything that would look good, or cost less than a new set of pipes. However, if you really need some kind of repair...

I'm no pro, but if I was in the same position, I would probably try and sand or grind off any rust or corrosion, then use some JB Weld or simaler to affix a flat steel patch, then hold it all with one or more strategically placed hose clamps. Then I would spray the patched area with primer and paint. It won't look great, but that's all I can think of. How big are the holes?
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

The hole are on the mega phone and everything is stock.The holes are on the bottom and they are about 1.5 cm2.There are a few holes on each muffler and they are on the bottom.This should help you
      Thanks Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Masnyk
        The hole are on the mega phone and everything is stock.The holes are on the bottom and they are about 1.5 cm2.There are a few holes on each muffler and they are on the bottom.This should help you
        Thanks Jo
        You can get replacment megaphones for about 60 bucks .Do a google search and you will find them.

Comment

Working...
        X